Game constantly freezes mouse clicks

We are playing the two player co-op and continually we are noticing that at certain intervals the left mouse button will no longer function. I think it has something to do with multiple fast actions somehow binding up the animation. I usually am too enthralled by the game to notice what exactly was going on but it usually happens at intense moments of fighting. I did notice at one point it happened when I was harvesting and my axe broke, it then no longer allowed me to click. I can use all other keys and if I minimize the game–my mouse still functions normally but not in game. I can select a bed with the E key but I cannot click the left mouse to save a game and reload. On reload it always works fine. Usually my partner can still use their controller when my mouse locks but at times their controller locks in the same way. It is almost always the action key function, (attack, harvest, etc.). We were recently fighting The Great Abaia and both my left mouse and right mouse locked up. This is really a challenge to have this happen at such an intense encounter.

To make something clear, we are playing on a PC through Epic. We have not modified the key bindings nor modified the game in any other way. I am also not using macro key bindings outside the game. I have tried to reset the keybinding when the issue happened to see if it would unlock, and it did not work. The only thing I can find that works is to reload the game. But when you are in the middle of the see fighting a boss-like creature, that is not really an option.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/14/18 18:36:45 Ver: 05.0000C (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32706MB RAM
Display Devices:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
(It is the Amp Extreme chipset)

I am also wondering if it has something to do with the belt. The belt is a very quirky tool. When you throw your spear you have hot keyed, even if you have a stack, you lose the hotkey. On reload I always have to reset the hotkeys for my tool belt. It may be that items attached to the belt when damaged or thrown and trying to switch to another alternative weapon causes some kind of glitch. I obviously do not know the back-end mechanics of the game but trying to give you a sense of what I am seeing.

I really appreciate the game, it is a whole lot of fun. I would really like to hear back about whether or not there is work being done on this or a repair option.

Sincerely!

Hi Vincont,

I’ve moved your post to the PC bug reports section for the PC team as it was placed in Console Suggestions by mistake.

Thank you. I all ready read one of the forum entries that seemed to have issues with clicks but haven’t come across a solution. Any thoughts?

You can check your problem with the mouse click test.

The most common reason why your mouse keeps freezing is that the mouse driver has become corrupted . Other reasons include outdated drivers and click test software, faulty hardware, or even viruses.If you are using a wireless mouse that requires charging it would be wise to also check if your battery is not low. It might be that your sensor requires more juice to run properly therefore keeping your battery at medium charges at all times could solve your issues.