Friends keeps getting disconnected from server after loading in

For the topic title above, please use the format:
[Xbox Gamepass][1.0.17.0][Gameplay] Client Disconnected
For example: “[Epic][0.76.00][Audio] Sharks singing too loud at night”

For the main post please follow the summary as best you can:
Feel free to edit and replace each section with your own info.

Summary
We downloaded stranded deep through the Xbox game pass on PC. But every time he joins my lobby we go through the syncing save loading screen and he gets kicked mid way through the loading screen and it says client has been disconnected. This started happening about 6 days ago while we have been playing the game for about 3 weeks now it only just started. He would lag when we pull the boat around I don’t know if that’s any help. His game is fully updated, he tried reinstalling it, his drivers are updated so we can’t find the issue. We even tried switching regions but nothing worked.

Seed

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands?

No settings were changed, and no custom islands.

Steps
What steps, if known, can cause this issue to occur for you?

I have no idea

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or PC? Yes
-Have tried reinstalling the game? Yes
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not.
The game is fully updated, he tried reinstalling it, his drivers are updated so we can’t find the issue. We even tried switching regions but nothing worked
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Are you both located in the same region? What game region are you playing in?
Are there any VPNs or anything else active that could interfere with the connection?