Co-op with dual monitors

Low priority request, but it’s a no-brainer that if the system has a second monitor it could be used for 2P’s view. From a limited experience with some other games it could be as easy as setting window size to entire desktop area, but unfortunately that didn’t work for me with SD.

What I tried:
Setting resolution of combined screen area in the registry has no effect;
Resizing window at runtime with SRWE didn’t work: window blinks at chosen size but reverts instantly;
AMD Eyefinity is inconvenient and sometimes hangs.

I m playing coop on dual monitors

Im using rtx 3060 ti

2 Likes

I assume you’ve merged displays in the nVidia contol panel. As I mentioned it doesn’t work well with AMD.

That’s right: To clarify for people who are searching solution and have nvidia GPU - It’s Surround option in the control panel nvidia. Sad to hear it doesn’t work well with amd :frowning:

Figured it out after reading the Unity manual.

Make a shortcut with these parameters:

Stranded_Deep.exe -force-d3d11 -screen-fullscreen 0 -popupwindow -screen-width 3840 -screen-height 1200

Replace 3840 and 1200 with your combined screen area. Works fine with different monitors, too: one of mine is only 1080p so a bottom bit of P2’s screen is not visible, which is a better deal than having the larger monitor cut down to 1080 as Eyefinity does.

3 Likes

Wow nice that works for me too, thanks for the great tip. Interestingly It doesn’t seem to work if I try to do it with the x64 .exe file. Do you know why?