Cannot play online

[Epic] [1.0.38.0] [Multiplayer] Cannot play online

Summary
when im trying to hit the button play online appears a error saying that “cannot connect to the server”
im trying to play with my friend (host) and im trying to join but i can’t even go to the online menu
i installed the game yesterday, we (my friend and me) lives together and we share wifi, so we both installed the game at the same time, he can host and see the online menu options, but i can’t even do that

Extras

• i tried restarting my pc and the game
  • i reinstalled the game twice
  • tried a vpn
  • i added the game .exe on firewall network
  • i verified the file’s game twice

Hi xAeq, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing issues with connecting to multiplayer games.

Thank you for sharing the details of your setup and what you’ve tried to alleviate the situation.

If you’re still experiencing issues, you may wish to try…

• Double check your clock is synced - especially if you’ve recently updated your computer. It’s my understanding that Epic might check for this when it comes to online play.
  • One of you using a wired connection if possible (it may be a long shot, but I know on consoles this has worked for some players)
  • Ensure drivers and your system are up to date.
  • Try a mobile hotspot or other alternate connection (I know you’ve tried a VPN, but it might be worth a go)

If the issue continues, please let me know…

• Your ISP provider
  • What region you are in
  • If you’ve experienced issues with any other multiplayer games, particularly on Epic

Thank you