[BUG?][2033][CLAY] Harvesting Clay

Summary
Not sure if this is a bug but often when harvesting clay the clay chunk will drop under the coral and become impossible to retrieve.

Seed
NA

Settings
NA

Steps
Harvest Clay

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? No

-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? No

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. No

-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue. NA

-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.

1 Like

I would classify it as a bug.

I have this happen with fiber off yucca that spawns intersecting geometry all the time, end up having to craft lashing to get the fiber.

Wish there was some kind of area loot so we could pick theese things up instead of having to find that right awkward angel that will highlight the item for pickup.

Hi Lothaer,

Thanks for reporting this, I’ve had this happened to me in the past on the PC version for sure. I’ll double check if a report exists for this on Console and if not, make one for the team. I’d say it’s related the issue IggySoda mentioned where resources spawn in and are lost behind parts of the environment.

I recently reported something similar. But yes, it’s an issue on both platforms. It ties into resources spawning and getting lost in the environment. Easiest way to mine clay is 1 at a time and track it as it falls. Same for mining stone deposits that spawns halfway in bushes.

1 Like

Same happens with stone, for now a work around with (no 100% succesrate) is to pick from the top, pick up the stone/clay chunk and work your way downwards. Since I do that I barely miss out on chunks of minerals.

So do not demolish the entire node and pick up the 6x chunks at once. It is really 1 by 1.

1 Like

Another thing you can do with stone is build something that requires stone the game will use materials on the ground before it uses materials in your inventory.

1 Like

Submitting $0.02 on this issue:

It’s still a problem… While gathering Clay, I completely understand that challenges should exist. I have to monitor breath, poisonous fish, poisonous snakes/eels, poisonous flora, and of course sharks… however it makes no sense to be forced to contend with invisible planes and cosmetic features (coral) preventing me from picking up the materials.

The ‘workaround’ of crafting items on the fly in order to gather them from locations obscured by plants/rocks/walls simply isn’t viable for Clay…

A suggestion: remove the requirement for a furnace in order to craft Clay Water Jugs. Then as long as I have some lashings on hand I’d be able to retrieve those AWOL clay drops…

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions surrounding this Splagg, I shall add them to my report for the team.