After 2 saves in multiplayer the game crashes everytime

This should be a known topic for PS4, the game in multiplayer after booting up will crash after 1-2 saves depending on time between saves and work done.

This seemed to happen moslty after I used the cartographer and changed islands in different slots, so now the map says like current version 2.0, older verasion 1.0, this might be a factor in why saves crash

Usually after 2 saves within 5-10 min of each other it will crash 99% and never get more than 3 saves

Hi Kyron, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing crashing within Stranded Deep. Crashes can occur in the game for various reasons and over time the team have released updates to help combat these crashes to prevent them from occurring. Typically I could try to create Known Issues posts for specific triggers to issues that have been reported by a wide range of players.

If you don’t mind, I’ve a few questions regarding your experience as this would help me to determine if this issue is caused by something the team are aware of or if it is a newer issue that requires their investigation.

Please let me know:

• What version of the game are you playing?
  • Is this issue something that has occurred in a number of your multiplayer saves or is it affecting a single multiplayer save for you?
  • Are you the host or Player 2 of this save(s) in question?
  • When the game crashes, do you see an error code / message? Or does the game freeze requiring the application to be closed down?
  • How old is the multiplayer save you’re playing?
  • Has this issue occurred since the beginning of the save, or has it started occurring after some playtime and progress has been made in game?
  • Do you use islands to gain more resources / bring more resources into the game?
  • If you do use islands for resources, do you bring all of the materials back to one base island?
  • Would you typically save after a lot of crafting, traveling or unloading of resources from storage?
  • Do you save in multiple locations or always on your base island?
  • If you wait longer than 5-10 mins to save, do you typically still experience a crash?
  • When you save for the first time, do you receive the “Game Saved” notification?
  • Do you experience any other issues during gameplay? If so, please let me know where and when these issues potentially occur.
  • Have you replaced most islands in your save? And if it’s an older save, have you done this multiple times?

I completely understand how frustrating frequent crashes can be for players. It is possible that the cartographer changes could be related as you mentioned the crashes can occur after you change an island, but knowing more about your gameplay setup and gameplay style may help us to narrow down if there’s a root cause that may trigger the crash when the cartographer change occurs.

Thank you.

Please let me know:

What version of the game are you playing?

V1.23

Is this issue something that has occurred in a number of your multiplayer saves or is it affecting a single multiplayer save for you?

host of multiplayer, but play by myself, do that in case friend wants to play

Are you the host or Player 2 of this save(s) in question?

host

When the game crashes, do you see an error code / message? Or does the game freeze requiring the application to be closed down?

How old is the multiplayer save you’re playing?

this save, slot 1 is 148 days into the game, i suppose the save is maybe 4-6 months or less, though I save like every 10 min or so because tired of crashing after I play for long time and all work is lost

Has this issue occurred since the beginning of the save, or has it started occurring after some playtime and progress has been made in game?

my opinion is that when I started the game on home island it don’t recall having any issues, later on I edited islands with cartogropher. The problem seemed to start after I went to a few island and it seemed to get worse the more islands I went to. Currently no matter what after 2 saves within 15-20 min work, after that the 3rd one will crash no matter what. Sometimes I only get 1 save but I save so often the above usually applies. After 2 saves I have to quit the game and restart to ensure I can mae a save after 2 times

Do you use islands to gain more resources / bring more resources into the game?

Originally I just went to edited islands to raid all ships I added, I have edited 100% islands except the boss ones, includes editing the home island after I raided it and had saves, the game will let you edit that island after you leave it to another island and then come back to as the edited island

If you do use islands for resources, do you bring all of the materials back to one base island?

yes. back to the edited starting island in center of map

Would you typically save after a lot of crafting, traveling or unloading of resources from storage?

typically when starting out I would save whenever I went to a new island. I also saved frequently in case I did something bad like break my leg then I could restart from closer point so mostly I saved often

Do you save in multiple locations or always on your base island?

multiple locations, many times per location

If you wait longer than 5-10 mins to save, do you typically still experience a crash?

i’m not sure about the relation to time though I find that the longer I play without a save the higher risk of lost work but at this point regardless of time I can get 1 assured and usually 2 saves, after that it always crashes 3rd

When you save for the first time, do you receive the “Game Saved” notification?

yes for both saves that work

Do you experience any other issues during gameplay? If so, please let me know where and when these issues potentially occur.

I haven’t really noticed any other serious issues

Have you replaced most islands in your save? And if it’s an older save, have you done this multiple times?

yes there are various island versions, some say older version some say current version. Once visited you can’t edit the island

I completely understand how frustrating frequent crashes can be for players. It is possible that the cartographer changes could be related as you mentioned the crashes can occur after you change an island, but knowing more about your gameplay setup and gameplay style may help us to narrow down if there’s a root cause that may trigger the crash when the cartographer change occurs.

it’s hard to say but most likely it has something to do with edited island. Onc you visit the island it can’t be edited.

I have another save with edited islands so I will check that out, so far I only play this slot 1 save but I will investigate the other save to see if the problem is the same

Hi Clare,

I started up my other save that after raided starter island, went to another island then replaced my starter island, went back to starter island and then replaced all remaining islands with the cartogropher. At this point there is still no save issue. So must be related to later game play or the fact that if you edit islands for one slave slot and then change save slots and edit the same island (previous ones are still available for replacing) that it messes up the save file. My alternate slot save has all islands being current version 2.0

I get the error code CE-34878-0

My final analysis is that there is a conflict with save game files and the cartographer, in that if you create an island and use it in a save the later on you editg that island on another save whic gives you the current version or version, If you edit the existing island on a new save it affects the previous save file

The second save stated above does not have any issues so far on day 30 as far as saving goes

Hi Kyron,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to answer each of my questions in detail and for providing additional information.

I shall pass all of this info onto the team so they can continue to investigate what could be causing crashes for players. I believe having insights into your gameplay style and what you’ve observed during gameplay will be very helpful for the team.

I’ll also ensure they’re aware that you believe the issue is potentially occuring due to an issue with the cartographer and editing islands for use in later saves. I understand where you believe this conflict may be occuring and while I’m not a dev, so cannot confirm your theory, I think it’s a good place for the team to look for a cause for this issue.

Thank you again, and if your second save does start to have issues, please let me know, I’ll keep the team updated with any additional information you share.

Sadly the game has issues once you get so far into it. I’ve given up playing this game because it crashes after 2 saves, I’m so tired of losing my efforts all the time. I’d be happy to send my game save so you can evaluate the issue but it is repeatable every time I play

I’m sorry to hear that Kyron and I completely understand.

I think a copy of your game saves would be very benificial for the team so they can try to replicate the issue internally and look for the root cause, and as it’s repeatable within your your save.

In case you need a guide, to send the saves…

1. Turn on PS4

2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.

3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”

7. Select Stranded Deep

8. Select all files and press “Copy”

9. Wait until transfer is complete

10. Remove External Drive

11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files

12. Host the zip files on Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox or similar and DM me the link. I will retrieve and upload the files to the team from them.

Thank you.