[2121] Stranger can join a private game

Hi, my bf and i love playing this game, but we stopped playing do to me getting kicked and someone else joining. They join when we set the world to private. It starting to happen again, and it starting to get us to the point of not coming back at all. We really do love the game tho, and dont want this game to make us want to stop.

Hi @Lyn

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue, I’ve moved your comment to a new thread so I can address it directly and ask some questions.

Firstly, to ensure I understand correctly what is happening, would I be correct in saying the following:

You are playing a private game. During multiplayer, you can be kicked from the game. When this happens, it is possible for another stranger to join the game even though it is set to private.

Please let me know:

• what console are you playing on?

• are you playing version 2121? (this number should be in the bottom left of the main menu.

• was your game originally set to Public or has it always been set to private?

• What steps did the host of the game take to set the game to private?

• If you check the settings, does it state the game is public or private?

• Is it always the same person joining the game, or are they random strangers joining?

• You mentioned it “started happening again”. Has this happened in more than one save for you or has it happened multiple times over a single save?

• Did you notice if anything occurred before it started happening again? Such as a crash, an update to the game, or when a new public save was started in a different slot on the same console etc…

• Is there a single player game in the same multiplayer slot? If so, might this have occurred after the single player settings were changed?

Any additional information you can give me about your experience would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team to investigate this issue further.

Thank you.