[2111] Desync and disconnects in Multiplayer

My friend and I are experiencing the exact same issues!, especially with the DeSync and stay alive timeouts/crashes, plus the issue of crate loot disappearing, and not being able to pick up crates if my friend has taken or added loot.
You can always tell if player 2 is going to crash out because the fish don’t move in the sea, and the status bars do not go down. Seems to happen a lot when travelling to other islands, but also occurs on our home island just as much.
The crate issue sometimes sorts itself out after certain periods of time, or if we remove and re-add the loot, sometimes this also fixes it - sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m hosting the multiplayer map but it seems to be anyone who joins that has the issues, apart from the odd crate that I can’t pick up or showing me holding things that I’m not.
Oh, also fish freezing in the water for my friend, hasn’t happened to me yet, but usually client disconnects after this point.

I’m using PS5 (Direct Hard Wire to router) as PS4 just got to the point of constant crashes on saving. We have always been using the same config, but all of these issues are new since the update, except the crate storage issue, which also happened before the last update (1.16)

My friends and I love this game and hope one day that all the bugs are fixed and the devs can start adding new things to build, and improve the general game overall, but happy that they’re still working on it!

Thanks for reading and happy bug-free hunting!

Hi @StrandedCr33p, welcome to the forums,

I moved your post to its own thread so I could address it directly and ask some additional questions.

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing the same issues with your connections and desyncs among other issues. I want to make sure I haven’t missed anything, so please let me know if I have…

From your post it’s my understanding that you experience:

• Desyncs between Host and Player 2
  • Timeouts
  • Loot disappearing
  • Cannot pick up crates

Please let me know:

• What is the NAT type on your PS5? (this can be found in the “Network settings” on your console)
  • What region are you playing in?
  • What ISP provider and router are you using?
  • Are your friends joining you via a console in the same household, or are they across multiple households?
  • When the game timeout, is it only player 2 that disconnects or are you disconnected from the game also?
  • By “Loot Disappearing” and further comments in your message it seems you are referring to the issue where items inside of crates are invisible for player 2. Is this correct? Or have you had other issues with items inside crates happening from the point of view of the host?
  • I believe the issue with not being able to move crates is the same as an issue the team is already investigating. Are you able to drag the crates at all?
  • What in-game day are you on?
  • Do you have a lot of loose items on your base island?
  • Have you built a significant amount around your base island or on multiple islands?
  • Do you use custom islands at all?

I understand the issues you’ve mentioned can be frustrating and any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated by the team as it can help them investigate issues further.

Thank you.