[2107] Dragging grouper to shore causes game freeze

For the crate issue, I have also found that they will sometimes become movable again after a couple of days have passed, even if you stay on the island.

A new glitch I experienced last night was that when trying to drag a grouper to the shore, it would suddenly start to spin and jerk, then the screen would freeze. One time, the game did finally unfreeze, but the grouper was no where to be found. The next two times I had to close and restart the game. I will have to make sure I save my game before hunting for grouper. Has anyone else had this glitch happen?

Hi @ASylntDeath, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear this issue has caused game freezes for you. I moved your post to its own topic so I could ask some questions and respond to you directly.

Can you confirm the following for me?

• What console are you playing on?

• How is the grouper killed and is there anything additional attached to the grouper’s body? For example, if you killed it with an arrow, is the arrow still stuck to the grouper body when you drag it

• Does this happen in multiple locations on your island or have you been hunting grouper in one particular spot?

• How old is your game save and would you have a lot on your island already? Or is it a relatively new save? (I ask because sometimes lots of loose items gathered on an island may have an additional impact on FPS drops, and knowing this could help the team replicate the issue internally with more success)

Any additional info you can provide would be greatly appreciated by the team. If there is anything else you wish to report or have noticed when playing, please do not hesitate to let me know in this thread and I’ll pass that info onto the team also.

Thank you!

Hi @Clare,

Thank you for the help with my post. I will answer your questions as best I can remember.
I am playing on Xbox One.
I have been killing the grouper with just one crude spear. I know at least one of the times the spear was still in when I began dragging the grouper (shark in the water so in a hurry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), I believe I removed the spear the second time in case that was the issue, but I don’t remember what I did the third time.
This happened in different areas of my island.
This also happened pretty far into my game, so I had quite a few resources at my island.
I will try to replicate it again later today and see if I can gather more information for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi ASylntDeath,

Thank you for sharing what you remember of the issue with me. I’ll pass this info onto the team so they can try replicate it and also keep an eye out for any additional replies from you :slight_smile:

OK, I have tried to replicate this again with as many different scenarios as I can (different save files, differing amount of items on the island, home island vs others, etc) and have not been able to recreate this issue. I thought at a couple of points it was going to do it as the grouper started to spin a bit, but then I was still able to drag it in.

I will let you know if I happen to have it occur again. Thank you!

Thank you for the update ASylntDeath - I’ll update my report for the team.

Please do let me know if it occurs again, but fingers crossed it doesn’t affect your gameplay further :slight_smile:

1 Like