Xbox Series X, gamever. 2111, Different issues regarding crates

[XBOX SX][2111][About crates]
Hi,
I don’t know if this is the right way to post so now i will just try and hope for the best.
I have played for awhile on game pass.
Firstly i observed this issue on my first save. Created before 2111 (don’t know the number before)
Unfortunately i have discovered the issue in the newest version too.
I go/swim to a crate. If i look inside the crate before picking it up im not able to pick it up, i can empty it but not take it with me, unless i lift it.
If i pick it up - move it - put it down and then look inside it, it is sometimes possible to pick it up again, sometimes not. I haven’t figured out what causes it.
Sometimes i can pick up a crate severel times, move it around, and then place it on the grund or in a shelves and suddently i am not able to pick it up anymore from the grund or the shelves. Im not able to remove the shelves at all. Which bought me to start a new save. Because i have rearranged my house but couldnt remove the shelves so it looked wrong. The same things still occour here. Nothing is different. The crates still bugs.
The most annoying part is that i’m counting on using theese crates for getting further in this game and it is so annoying that the crates bugs.

Is there any news on when this bug will be settled?

Hi Flowermus, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting your experience of issues with crates. I’m sorry to hear these are affecting your save.

For the issue with not being able to move crates, this is one the team are aware of and believe they have found a fix for. They are testing the fix and hope to release it asap (unfortunately I do not have an exact timeframe for release)

I am not sure of all of the triggers that can change the status of the crates from being able to be picked up to not, just that it can occur after looking inside, maybe adding and removing something, or potentially when traveling from one island to another and operating a vehicle. Can you confirm for me if at any stage you traveled from one island to another or used a Raft or Gyro? Or if this occurred all on the one island?

Thank you again

Hi Flowermus, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting your experience of issues with crates. I’m sorry to hear these are affecting your save.

For the issue with not being able to move crates, this is one the team are aware of and believe they have found a fix for. They are testing the fix and hope to release it asap (unfortunately I do not have an exact timeframe for release)
*i’m so happy to hear this - i look forward to the release :grin:

I am not sure of all of the triggers that can change the status of the crates from being able to be picked up to not, just that it can occur after looking inside, maybe adding and removing something, or potentially when traveling from one island to another and operating a vehicle. Can you confirm for me if at any stage you traveled from one island to another or used a Raft or Gyro? Or if this occurred all on the one island?
*when i play i take fx 5 empty crates to my inventory, travel to a new Island, put down the crates while exploring - filling up the crates. Sometimes i can’t pick them up again. I have traveled in both the starter raft, my own raft and by gyro.
Sometimes i just find the crate in a wreck and take it back to an Island. I can’t seem to find a pattern…
A funny thing is that yesterday i had 7 crates i couldnt remove. Today they are all moveable again… Thats a new one.

Thank you again

1 Like

Hi Flowermus,

Thank you for sharing that additional info.

From your description it looks like you’re seeing something similar to what the team were experiencing in their testing when traveling to another island could cause the state of the crate to change from being able to be picked up to not. Traveling seems to be a common factor in triggering the issue so this should mean that the fix the team have created should apply to crates when released.

Some players have found that reloading their save can reset the state of the crates, which may explain how for you the next day they are moveable again.

Thank you again for answering my questions and sharing additional info. If you notice a crate becomes stuck before you travel with it, please let me know as I want to make sure the team catches all potential triggers for this issue.

Hi,

Just a Quick update.
I have downloaded the update (2116)
I haven’t had any troubles with my crates since.
I so happy.

I have played the game a lot lately. Im just scared to go further in the story. The bosses seems so dangerous :laughing:

Thank you for listening :blush:

Hi Flowermus, thank you for the update.

If you expereince any further issues in the current version, please do not hesitate to let me know!

And best of luck with the bosses when you decide to take them on! :slight_smile: