[Console] Update from the team, 2022-08-11

Can you please fix the no sharks on custom island on consoles please? I love the game just wish the team would fix some of the issues. Custom islands need to be improved as well let consoles add caves and all that like PC has please
Thank you.

3 Likes

So to clarify has the PS4 version been updated?

None of the console versions have received an update recently.

Claire, hi. Pass my message to the developers of the console version of the game, please. Guys! We believed in you all these years, patiently watching the development of the PC version of the game and dreaming in the afternoon when a holiday will come on our street, so that now you will tell us - “No, a new big world will not be added due to restrictions” ? I don’t believe you can’t do this for current gen consoles, i understand why there may be difficulties with the implementation on the nintendo switch, but this can definitely be done for ps5 and the xbox series s/x and I’m willing to buy this and all subsequent expansions with money, just do it, give us that content. There are significantly heavier games on the PS5 that work great. For example, look at No man sky, he feels great on ps5 and the guys also started working together in the basement without a penny in their bosoms, fought against world skepticism and threats and see how their game looks today and receives regular updates every 2-3 months , and the team moved to a cozy office and expanded significantly. And you can do it too, your game is beautiful, you have great creativity, but don’t give up your idea, don’t forget where you started, don’t leave your audience, we really believe in you and we will continue to hope for a positive outcome for both the game and and for team development.

3 Likes

Well said mate i agree with everything you said and would happily pay money too as the game is truly fantastic

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding to some of these comments. As a reminder - if you have an issue you wish to report, please create a new report (by submitting a new topic) in the Console Bug Reports section and I will get to it asap.

@Haleyy93 - I have a report submitted on this issue regarding shark spawning already for the team, but will add a note for them that it is still occurring for users. The customisation you mentioned would likely be considered a feature, but I’ll pass the feedback on to the team regardless.

@Lesker1978 - I see Lothaer already replied to you, but for extra clarification: The console version did not get an update when this announcement was made. It is awaiting an update that the team is currently working on. As per Sam’s comment above, the ETA is not yet determined but they want to get it out asap. I will let the community know as soon as I receive word about a release date (unless one of the other Beam Team accounts posts it first).

@Shturman889 - I will pass your messages onto the dev team as requested.

2 Likes

@420gamer36 I found a workaround for the spyglass but it’s kind of confusing. So once you equip the spyglass and long press “R2” it gives you the spyglass vision. Do NOT press “R2” again to remove it. Instead, keep it active on your face and tap “R1” to go into your inventory and equip your barehand TWICE. The spyglass vision will disappear but it will look like you dropped the spyglass because when you look at the ground it will say “Spyglass press square to pick up” but It doesn’t show the actual spyglass. Just go back into your inventory and click on the spy glass (do not press “R2”) and it will “pick it up” off the ground (Even though you don’t actually see it on the ground just a prompt to pick it up). From there you can go back into your inventory and pick whatever other tool or item you want to use.

Hi Suthsa1, welcome to the forums. Thank you so much for sharing this workaround. I’m going to add this to the known issues post so other users might get a chance to see and try this too :slight_smile:

Thank you again!

Personally wondering about the state of console which is no where near what PC IS. console players have still yet to hear anything from Beam Team about what is coming down the pipeline for them other than piles. I seriously hope that’s not all planned for console. You guys stated “better communication” but I’m not seeing that in regards to console. The community needs some communication from you guys. And the console players still playing need better. Hell they deserve a lot better.

6 Likes

Hi GrandDaddyGamer, welcome to the forums and thank you for your feedback,

I’ve been gathering info for the team and organising the first of the new update posts which I’ve posted today here: [Console] Message from the Team, 2022-08-30

Hello, yep agree. We are waiting since january for bugfix or info about the date. Would be better if they change it back to previous patch than wait another 7 months.

Thank you Claire I appreciate this !

1 Like

Is ps4 still crashing when saving? Has this been fixed??

1 Like

Nothing happened. Only pc and nintendo works “without” problems

Players have reported crashing when saving recently, and some have also sent their save files for the team to look at and use for testing. As far as I am aware the crashing when saving issue is one of the teams top priorities at the moment, but I do not yet have update on progress specific to that issue. Should I hear anything, I will let the community know asap.

The release date for the next update has not been released yet, nor have the team annouced what it will contain beyond the fix for the spyglass issue and potentially the fix for the spoiled food in crate issue. The latest info from the team can be found here: [Console] Message from the Team, 2022-08-30 and I will hopefully have another update on progress from the dev team soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Clare. I’ll keep checking back.

1 Like

Hi Clare, enjoying the new update but still having issues with no sharks on custom islands

Hi Haleyy93 - I’m sorry to hear this happening on your save. In case you didn’t see it, I responded to your other post here: No sharks custom islands

So if the team say the last remaining feature to be brought to consoles are the piles, which have now been added, I guess we’re not getting the ability to craft the wooden containers? Thanks guys, awesome :ok_hand: