[Switch] Interactions Issue

Hi Clare,

Any updates? I’m a Switch user bug hit me day 15 evening time. Starter island no rain or noises or bats/seagulls. I did notice the beach texture looked very strange at time of bug. Reminded me of Borderlands graphic style, very shaded and comic like. Then as you know cant interact with much.

Switch asked me this morning if I wanted to update or play current version. Knew I should have googled first.

Love this game but please revert to last stable version. Couldn’t care less about multiplayer in this game. It’s so peaceful after a stressful day at work. Even if I lose my save I’d rather revert. I’m willing to start over but not without a fix.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi Capa33,

Sorry for the delay in doing this. I seperated out your post as you mentioned you are on the Nintendo Switch but the Known Issues report was refering to the PS4 and XB1 version of the game where the issue occured with the update to version 2071.

I’m sorry I do not have as direct a connection with the team that are working on the switch version but I can send issue information to them.

As the Switch version is different and ported by a different team, I wanted to double check if your issue matches the one reported on the XB1 or PS4 version or if it’s a seperate issue that presents similarly.

Please let me know:

• what version number is in the bottom left of the main menu
  • I had heard of some interaction issues on Switch before this but from your description the issue appeared after the update for you, is this correct?
  • When this issue occurs are you able interact with items by crouching at the shoreline or anything under the water?
  • Did you notice this issue occuring after you travelled to another island or after something fell through the ground?

Any extra info you can give me about your own unique experience would be greatly appreciated as it’ll help me in sending a report to the Switch team.

Thank you!

Hey Clare,

I hope you are well.

My bad posting in the wrong thread! Didnt realize I should have made a Switch only thread. What’s strange is I had been experiencing the exact same interaction issues described by xbox/ps players. Maybe that’s a clue??

• what version number is in the bottom left of the main menu

• I had heard of some interaction issues on Switch before this but from your description the issue appeared after the update for you, is this correct?

To be fair I had only played 5 in game days before the update on Switch. It’s totally possible the bug would have appeared pre update if I had continued more days in game.

• When this issue occurs are you able interact with items by crouching at the shoreline or anything under the water?

Yes, I can interact with most items crouched at shoreline. Some items have a very specific interaction hitbox that are hard to find. I have gifs in a different thread showing this. Can post here if you like.

• Did you notice this issue occuring after you travelled to another island or after something fell through the ground?

I had traveled to another island the previous day but not directly before the glitch. The glitch affected interaction on all islands I traveled to after. Until the glitch suddenly disappeared day 19. I’ve traveled to other islands after glitch disappeared and it has not come back yet.

Extra info: as stated above I have more details in other threads if you check my profile. All my posts have been experienced on a Nintendo Switch.

Thanks for all you do!

No worries about the issue location, separating it out also helps me to track the Switch version of the issue as the Switch version was ported by a different company to the XB1 and PS4 versions.

Thank you for confirming all those details. It does indeed seem to match up with the XB1 and PS4 versions. I’ll look back through your post history too for extra details - thanks again!

1 Like

Hey @Clare

I hope you are well.

Just wanted to update that the bug has still yet to return. On day 25 now. I’m stoked! Here’s to hoping it sticks!! :crossed_fingers:

What did you to to make it that long with out it coming back?

I think it’s all about luck because mine occurred on day 7 so I made a new world and it happened on day 15.

Ya I made it to day 17… But then it glitched out. I was just wondering if their was something they did specifically to avoid it. 25 days is a long time.

Day 29 and glitch is still not back. I tried many combinations of settings as suggested in other threads. Nothing worked for me. Then suddenly day 19 glitch disappeared. Could interact with everything again at all heights. Only weird thing now is all snakes have disappeared. Other animals behave normally.

@Clare

Bad news, bug came back day 32 while sailing back to starter island. I’ve been strategically placing all items on beaches and have smoked enough meat to last awhile so will keep pushing. Water is no longer an issue even with bug since stills are on beaches with plenty of palm tops.

Hopefully bug disappears again. Will update if it does. Dont think I did anything in particular to make it disappear the first time.

Update: Gathered supplies from starter island still bugged out. Sailed back to island I want to build home base at. As soon as the usual slight stutter happens as island gets closer (I’m assuming the game is loading assets) bug immediately disappeared again. Have full interaction capabilities on all raft chests and sail where seconds before I did not. This happened day 33. Puzzling

Day 44 and glitch has not returned since my last update :+1:

Hi Capa33, Thank you for keeping me updated on your experience. This does seem to match the cycle a number of other players had reported on PS4 and XB1. I’m not sure what could be causing the cycle to trigger, but it make depend on the spawn cycle of some creatures or the unique trigger of your issue in the first place.

Also, yes you are correct, there is a midway point between the two islands when one loads in. I’ve seen reports of players mentioning a stutter between the two islands, I’m not sure if this is related to the same issue, but I’ve got a separate report for it anyway.

1 Like

The stutter has always been present, it’s a lag issue of the hardware rendering in new assets.

Hi Wesn

Can you confirm which console version you’re refering to?

I know there is can be a more noticeable stutter / freeze on established saves in the past, but are you refering to when this can occur in fresh saves too?

On PS4/5 there’s been a lag in both old and new saves

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that for me Wesn.