[SeriesX][2079][IMMUNE TO POISON]

I have no idea when it started, because I play careful - obvies avoiding things that can kill me. I try not to use up all my pipi, always have a stockpile of antidote - but recently I have so much that I have stopped picking it. It had been so long since I got bitten or pricked by something poisonous, I just decided what the hell let’s try. I have stepped on snakes, swam into lionfish, walked on sea urchin and purple starfish - nothing affects me! To keep my immersion in the game, I have told myself that it must be because I HAVE been poisoned so many times, I have now built up immunity! I figured out eventually that I am not immortal - I can die by drowning, starving and falling, but not poison! :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I noticed that I was immune to the Night Snakes when the saving/cleaning up issue was happening. I do get poisoned by the other ones though.

2 Likes

I can still get poisoned by all five of the poisonous creatures somehow, also playing on Xbox Series X. My save file is from right after the interaction bug was fixed a couple months ago. I luckily managed to avoid the toolbelt bug on this file, which showed up and was resolved in the meantime, without ever changing saves. Up to day 303 now on hard difficulty on permadeath, have been poisoned probably a couple dozen times total by now. Most recently being a few days ago, by a snake hiding under my farm plots. This is very strange that it’s affecting players differently on the same consoles. Seems we all three have different situations concerning this, all on Xbox consoles. Do you guys have newly created saves or older ones that this is happening on?

1 Like

Strange indeed that there is such a difference in the one specific aspect of poisoning. I have used two other save slots to create my own little tests and I am consistent across every scenario I throw at it. From easy with wildlife on passive, through hard/permadeath and swimming straight to a large island from the start and dodging the crabs and boar until I locate the snakes… No poison. I am still on the Xbox One-Day One. My main save is from before the cleaning up patch, the other two saves were created after that patch.

1 Like

I may have time to try a new save slot sometime soon just to test it out. Had to forfeit the TV for now, the grandkids are stuck on playing Among Us. Lol. Such a silly little game. I’m interested to see if I can somehow replicate the immunity somehow, or if maybe it’s automatically occurring in newer saves. I’m assuming you tried different seeds right? I will also update as soon as possible with my seed number, so maybe you can test it to see if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Yes, tried different seed number on my test slots. My main slot seed number is 7421097, if you wanted to try it too.

1 Like

Ive also noticed this aswell i was in a shipwreck and searching for loot (as you do) and i saw a lionfish swimming next to me instantly panicked and it just swam straight through me lol my animals are set on default

2 Likes

My main seed number is 23707059. Been playing on multiplayer, but I have a single player game on this save slot also (day 83) that I haven’t touched since multiplayer was released. I will most definitely try out yours as soon as I get the chance, to see if I can be poisoned or not. Might not be related to seed numbers, but it’s worth a try for sure. Also just to clarify @Spacecoyotey is the seed number 07421097 ? My cartographer shows 8 digits when I go to change it

1 Like

I forgot to ask also @Spacecoyotey was this a single player or multiplayer save? And also @xGnomeGrownx if you don’t mind me asking, what is your seed number that this is occurring in? Also, is it single player or multiplayer?

Yes, it is single player, and the first number would be 0. I was messing around with seed numbers the other day. You can go down to 00000001, but not all zeros. I was just talking to a buddy and he is not getting poisoned by the Night Snakes either, but everything else poisons him.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try a single player save. Haven’t done that in a long time so that might be the difference, I always play on multiplayer.

@Charlie1992 Are you immune to all the other poisonous creatures also then? I know you mentioned the lionfish already.

Sorry for the delay bud, but yes immune to purple starfish on the ground snake bits and the spikey things in the water (forgot what there called lol) and yes lionfish too still take damage from falling from heights sharks crabs and boars though

1 Like

No worries at all, I’ve been busy all weekend anyway and off to work in a few. Feel free to put your seed number up here, and if its single player or multiplayer, and I’ll try and see if the same happens for me. When I can, we can’t spend all our time in the cozy Pacific. Lol.

Hi all - sorry for my delay in responding to this thread. Thank you @xGnomeGrownx for reporting it and to @Spacecoyotey @ArmchairTuna66 and @Charlie1992 for sharing your information too. The snakes not behaving as intended is something I’ve seen a report on before but I don’t think the team have found a fix yet from what I recall so I’ll add the info you’ve shared to that report and let the team know it’s not just snakes that are affected.

I submitted my own report on snakes missing their rattle a while ago, did you notice if they played all their FX (animations, sounds etc) as intended or if any of that was missing too?

I’d also be interested to hear if the types of games you’re playing does make an impact or not.

Thanks again!

1 Like

No worries Clare, we know how slow news travels via message in a bottle to and from these islands. For me, the snakes make all of their sounds that I’m aware of - rattling and the striking sounds. As for animations, they coil up low to the ground when approached, and then assume a taller yet still coiled stance when they strike. They do not uncoil/extend when they strike like a real snake does - but I do not know if that is normal or not.

2 Likes

Thanks for those details and your understanding @Spacecoyotey, That all sounds fine to me (Other than the missing poison) but I’ll be honest that I haven’t gotten that close to a snake in a loooooong time :confounded: so I’ll share your details with the team to be sure.

1 Like

@xGnomeGrownx Is this the day 230 multiplayer game you mentioned in another post that you’re immune to poison in? Or a single player? Just extra curious because this is pretty much the first issue I’ve heard of that’s actually happening on the same console I’m playing on (mostly multiplayer though) and I haven’t experienced it yet.

Same game. I have a few saves on single player but I have not loaded them up because so many peoples’ saves were being corrupted. I started a multiplayer game when the update came out. Series X

2 Likes

Update:
I started a multiplayer game and the Night Snakes in it DO poison me. Using the same save slot and going to the same island in single player, they do not poison me. Their sounds and animations are identical in all scenarios. All other creatures that can poison me, do so regardless of single or multiplayer.

2 Likes