Save file has reverted me back to day 9?!?!?!

I am playing on PC via Epic launcher.

I am using save slot 1 and have survived and am on day 27, saving very regularly.

Last night I save the game, went to be and upon loading in, I have reverted back to day 9 and lost nearly all my progress and hard work.

This is more than frustrating.

The game has been cloud synced by clicking the three dots on the game in Epic launcher and is fully up to date with its sync and i have also enabled cloud saving etc, everything you are supposed to do.

It still even says under the save in the menu that i am on day 27, but still loads in to day 9 despite shutting down and restarting my computer and the game countless times.

And further, when i die on the now day 9 save, it says i have survived 26 days…

What is going on with this game?!?!

Why is it reverting me to day 9 over my actual save? why even day 9 and not some other random day?

Can this please be fixed so i can recover my time spent on this game? I cant play or recommend this game again if there is the constant threat of loosing everything for no known or fixable reason.

Now on top of this, i started a new save file because i was in the mood for punishment i guess and low and behold i found the cargo ship with the plane on it.

It had three gyrocopter parts on the deck and as i had full inventory i left them there to get rid of my gear and upon coming back, they have disappeared and are nowhere on the ship or island…what is going on?

Can i not have a gyrocopter now unless i start ANOTHER game?

Yep, quit and reloaded numerous times and the gyro parts are permanently gone…so there is now no way i can make a gyrocopter in this save…come on!

Hi Valdrek,

Thanks for all the information you have provided about these issues so far, and sorry that you’ve had to deal with them.
I’m adding the details you’ve provided to a bug report about the save issue, and I’m investigating the gyro parts issue also.

I have some additional questions for you if you don’t mind:

What is the game version?
The number at the bottom left of the main menu is the game version.

Please provide your specs including OS, CPU, RAM and GPU model.

What is the game Seed of your session?
On PC this number can be found at the top right of the Cartographer (the Cartographer is on the main menu).

Were any settings changed from the default? Have you added any custom islands or are you using any mods?

Any further details you can think of may help
Thanks again for your help in getting to the bottom of this issue.

What is the game version?

Please provide your specs including OS, CPU, RAM and GPU model.
Windows 10
Intel® Core™ i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz
16.0GB RAM

What is the game Seed of your session?

Were any settings changed from the default? Have you added any custom islands or are you using any mods?
No changes from the default, no mods, no custom/created islands, just plain old vanilla.

1 Like

This sounds like an issue with cloud saves. The stats shown on the main menu are saved locally. The save data is synced to the cloud. Has the cloud save finished syncing before you shutdown the PC?