[PS5][2071][Unintentional Action] Game saved while not at a shelter/bedroll

I had saved on day 17 before my interaction glitch took effect but does so the next morning. I was testing a few things yesterday and never saved. When I booted up just barely, I’m standing in my shack on day 17 nowhere near any saving mechanism and the interaction glitch is active. It’s a tad concerning that something caused my game to save without intent. This is a co-op game that I’m playing solo in private on auto, but presumably USA west . Not sure if this is a separate glitch, but I cannot view days/ cartographer for this save given its co-op, and thus cant provide the seed.
No custom islands. No settings changed besides maybe sensitivity. I tried both quitting and dying to see if I would go back to my actual save point but it looks like the game legitimately executed a save while nowhere near the required mechanisms and without prompt/ notification. I do believe immediately when I spawn in I get a notification about adding leather hide to my backpack. It seems I was accessing a chest and was moving stuff around between inventory and chests

Hi Wesn,

Thank you for reporting this issue and for informing me of what prompt you receieve and when you believe this occured.

The seed for the save slot in the cartographer is the same whether you chose to play multiplayer or single player in that slot (you can have 1 save of each per slot). The days in the main menu refer to single player days whereas you should be able to see your multiplayer days if you pause in your multiplayer save.

Would it be possible to get a copy of your save? The team do not fix and return individual saves but I believe beening able to look at and test some things with your save may help them to investigate the cause of this issue.

To access the file I believe the steps are the same is the same as it is on PS4…

1. Turn on PS5
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.
  3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”
  4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
  5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
  6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press “Copy”
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files
  12. Email us the Zip files to contact@beamteamgames.com - please include your forum username in the subject line so I can easily find the file and match it to my report for the team.

or, if unable to send the files via email you can upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service and email us the link.

I’ve actually been able to recreate the issue. It seems to be caused by the console suspending the game in co-op. When you next resume the coop it acts as though you saved when the game suspended.

That’s great (in a bug reporting sense), thank you for letting me know Wesn, I’ll update my report.