[PS4] Ping time and other issues

I saw the ping time some how on ps4. Which ive never seen. Now i saw the ping at almost 200. Thats not bad but not good either.
You stated

• PS4/XB1/PC - Identified causes of some multiplayer disconnects. We’re working on repros and fixing causes as they are found.

Well if the ping time was lowered and all the backbone of your companies not ours. It would help. I kept being disconnected while invited to a s.d multipler. He had to go into public in order for me to go in. If you send an invite n can not get on. Wth is the point cuz someone else could get on and screw things up. Which has happened multiple times.
Note there should be a kick option as well. Not stop and redo by making the game again.

Your latency stinks. Ping time is almost 200. Thats why everyone disconnects. Your severs are not able to handle a load of people on private or public. Might want to fix that issue. Im sure it shoots up higher then that due to disconnect.

I had a friend show our ax on the ground after i picked it up. I dropped the ax to see if it was 2 and after i dropped it near the fire not on or extremely close. The one that i thought was 2 turned into one and it wasted or resources.

Id like to complain about something else. I saw in the left hand corner ping time. Idk where your servers are but im running 500 mbps. The ping time was over 150. I had that on w.o.w and it was off my providers network. Its the back bone. Idk how fast your speeds are fiber or not. Guess what? It stinks. P.u.

Break out the update. Then do a free dlc for consoles. We deserve that for the looooooong wait for an update thats been over a year.

Hi Wfpk4life,

I gathered some of your most recent reports together here in a single bug report so I can address it directly without causing confusion in other posts or spreading the information across the forums. The threads you originally posted each comment in are linked under each post.

Regarding seeing the ping time, I’m not sure what could prompt this to show in the left hand corner of the screen, but I have reached out to the team for clarification as it may be an indicator or something else occurring.

You mentioned the ping was at 150, and then at almost 200. Can you confirm for me if you’ve only seen this once and saw it increase, or if you’ve seen it appear multiple times.

Please also let me know what you were doing at the time when this appeared for you and if you were Player 2 or the Host of the multiplayer game in this instance.

Please also confirm what region you were using for the multiplayer games in question and when you kept disconnecting when trying to join multiplayer if this save was using the same region and if other regions were tried. I’ve received reports in the past of players having issues with USA, East and I would be interested to know if this could be related.

When you couldn’t connect to the multiplayer game, was this after being in the game initially and not being able to reconnect, or was this occurring from the beginning of the gameplay session? The team are working on an issue that prevents players from rejoining after disconnecting which requires the host to reload the game before a connection can be made again. If this matches your experience please let me know.

You also mentioned items being lost in multiplayer. When your friend could see the axe after you picked it up, were they player 2 or the host in this case? My apologies if I am misunderstanding the situation, but can you confirm for me if this is what happened: Your friend noticed an axe still visible on the ground after you picked it up. In order to check if there were indeed 2 axes, you dropped the axe again. After dropping the axe, the two merged into 1, where your friend could no longer see the original axe where you picked it up. If I have misunderstood the process of events there, please elaborate on what occurred in your game.

Thank you also for your feedback, I will pass the option to kick a player suggestion onto the team.

A post was split to a new topic: [PS4/5] Connection and issues in multiplayer

The ping time showed up once. Im in the south eastern us. It showed up once. In the top left hand corner. I was invited to a game. So yes i was second play. I will say high ping times will knock anyone off line. Try doing a traceroute from your server to a ip through ps4 to a qa it might help with the issues of where the lag is. Im not the only one i am having this probelm as you can see.

Once again i was player number 2. She put the axe down for me to use. I picked it up. Saw another one there thinking she dropped 2 of them. When i dropped the axe to pick up the other one. It disappeared like in the sand. That means there is more then likely a coding issue within the game.

I was second player again last night at 530 pm spt 22 2022. I was testing the binuvulars. Which i knew had a bug. I just wanted to see if it was fixed. This did something different. I was able to use them once. After that. I could not bring up my watch. I could not see anything. I had to log out and log back it.

Another issues id like to address. You have to use public to get someone in to play with you. Yet on private you can not invite someone to your private game. It keeps alway saying server not found. Like you guys made it so no one else and even friends that are invited cant get on.

Hi Wfpk4life,

Thank you for answering my questions and confirming those points for me. I will add the additional information to the relevant reports I have for the team.

Regarding the binoculars issue, players not being able to view their watch / arms going invisible is part of this issue, however it does not occur for every player. The team has found the fix for the binoculars issue and it is due to be released in the next update. In the meantime, if you become stuck this way after using the binoculars, there is a potential workaround in the Known Issues report for it here that may help: https://forums.strandeddeepgame.com/t/known-issue-ps4-xb1-spyglass-binoculars-not-working-as-intended/4066
For your connection issue, where you can only connect via a public server, this is an issue that I do not recall seeing other reports of recently. If you could give me the step by step process of what your experience is when accepting it as well as all the settings chosen by your host (if any are changed from default when you are trying to enter the game. Please also let me know if there is anything in particular your friend sees on their screen while you are trying to join, and if they are performing any actions during this time. These details should hopefully help the team replicate the issue on their end. Have you tried using “Join Session” via your PSN friends list? If so, does this have the same effect as the invite, or are you able to get into the private game?

Please also let me know what the NAT type of both your console and the host console are, and if you have tried any other regions when launching multiplayer saves.

Thank you.

I have tried on public server when you get a normal in vite. It works fine. If it is public. The invite works. Now the first player in a private server sends an invite. You click on it. It goes through the normal process. Then it says server can not be found. It was done over many times. Same results.

Now you asked what my nat is. It is nat 2. Normal network address translation. Now my suggestion is i would suggest looking into if other people have routers of there own or if they have a cable companies to check there nat2. I have a wireless router of my own. Also i would check if there firewall is set to set to not to get scrambled packets off the network. That would make a possible difference with the possibility of not staying connect. You would not get the full packets that you would need in turn it would disconnect you.

You also have high ping times. If they spike past 225 it will either pause lag or disconnect. Switching from island to island should be smooth. Not a major pause in the game. How do you know if your being attacked by a shark? Youll be dead. Thats a mistake in the making.

Here are more messed up programing. I have seen fibrousive from the lil palm trees that grow but nothing like this. Bats during the day stuck. Like the matrix is broken. Sharks tails while on top of a rock or your knee deep in water. Thr tails flick to the right. Not back and forth like its suppose to. Ill get more when i have it.

Here is the message if i try to go in as 2nd player. You have to be invited yet it will have both the host and the person that joins will rec this as 2nd player.

You have to get the invite. If not you get this error. He was on private. Now he has to stop what he was doing save get out of the playing. Go back on and invite me or go public so i can get on.

@Clare look at my posts please?

1 Like

Idk with the other person. Most of them are like what are you talking about? So if they have no clue as the speed or nat. How do i tell them to look into it? It is hard when people do not know these things. They do not know there mbps or what a nat is.

Thank you for sharing additional information Wfpk4life. I aim to get to players posts as soon as I can and I am sorry for the delay in getting to yours. I will go through the information you provided and respond in more detail as soon as I can.

Hi Wfpk4life,

Again, thank you for the additional information. I am going to go through responses in order of the replies you sent. If you feel I’ve missed anything, please let me know.

Invite process - thank you for confirming the steps taken and what you see when this occurs.

Nat Type - thank you for confirming this and for your suggestion. I will also pass this onto the team, though they have likely considered this possibility, I will make sure they see this.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding ping time. I understand how disruptive to gameplay pauses in the game can be - especially if there is danger nearby.

Images sent - Thank you for sharing these images.

• Regarding the meat, were these dropped over the fire or beside it? Were any of them “attached” to the fire and ended up floating or just the dropped one?
  • For the bats stuck in the air, did they move again at night or were they stuck in that position until reload?
  • I see you posted images in another report, were these meant to be posted in this thread? I can move the post if you wish, so all of the info can be kept together.
  • Could the host see these issues also or were items just floating for you?

Follow up “Server not found” image - thank you for providing this. Have you tried using “Join Session” from your friends list when the host is in the game? Does this result in the same error?

Regarding asking players to look into things: While it would never be our intention that players need to change their connection setup significantly in order to play the game, we generally ask players to do there own research when it comes to changing or looking into NAT types so they can make a fully informed decision and proceed with caution before changing anything (especially if trying to switching NAT 1 as there are pros and cons to this). Everyone has a different level of experience when it comes to network connections so I do my best to provide suggestions for players and guide them to provide the information I’m asking for where possible.

Thank you again for your patience while I go through your posts. As I said I aim to get back to players as soon as I can, however other tasks and not being at my desk over the weekend can delay this. If during the week there is a significant delay (3 days or so) or your post may have been missed, you are welcome to tag me.

My friend and i were playing and it showed the last person had a broken leg. When i loaded into multipler i got a broken leg for loading in. There is also no way to climb down a ladder. Only up. If you build a house with a roof that is 3 floors. You have no way even with a tower but to fall. There should be a way to go up and a way down if there is a ladder present. Example towers.

Please see my comment above for earlier responses.

I moved your other comment regarding issues with gameplay to this thread as the thread you posted in was from an older version. However I realised I forgot to ask - can you please confirm for me what version of the game you and your friend are playing? This number should be in the bottom left of the main menu.

The team are aware of issues with the interaction not appearing at the top of ladders for players. This issue is in their queue to be resolved but I believe they are actively working on issues that impact gameplay more severely at the moment such as the disconnects and desyncs in multiplayer.

Has the issue with the broken leg persisted for you through gameplay or was that in another save? Please also confirm for me if this occured recently in the current version or if it occured in an older version. I have a report submitted to the team for this and will update them with any additional info you can give me.

The most recent patch you put out. If not. It would not be compatible to play. Tried once when it was not the same.its constant with the leg. If someone builds a tower. The only way to get down is to jump. You climb up fine just cant get down the same way you got up.

The meat was on smokers.
Floating for player 2 only.
Bats, the matrix has them in another computer program. Sorry. It reminded me of the matrix.
The one is on the firer. The other 2 are on the smoker. I could not put any in the smoker due to not seeing it.
I dropped crabs. They were floating rocks sticks crates twisting and being put down or floating.

It does not matter as long as its reported and allow people to add on to this no matter the time frame. It could happen in the future.

Yes both are for multitude of problems. I have more.

Why is it raining yet still sunny unless it gets dark?

Why are yucca plants in non available to access and get the correct amount 7 to 12 fiberous leaves

I am wondering. Why beware of thunderstorms while in the raft? Ive been on the raft in a storm in fact the yellow one. Ive never tipped or got thrown over even so not hit by lightning. Wish you could amp it up a notch with the storms.
Meaning like wind seeing lighting strike other islands or water. Give the gyrocopters and the plane windy conditions at times. Watch out for lightning. I mean it sucks. You just get rain. WOW so exciting! (yes sarcastic remark).

Once again ill give more when i am back home. I. 3 days n depends on the florida hurricane ian n power. Come back on.