[PS4] Ping time and other issues

Hi Wfpk4life,

Thank you for that additional information. I have been going through your posts and will update reports I have for the team where there are issues they are aware of and create new ones as required for the items you’ve mentioned.

I am not sure why it rains while still sunny in game, though I have experienced this in real life myself and it could be a trait of the weather in game, or an error, but I’ll pass this feedback onto the team anyway along with your feedback regarding thunderstorms.

I hope Hurricane Ian passes you without incident. I will keep an eye for any further posts on this thread.

We are fine. Tyvm. Im not home until tonight. I will give more feed back when i start playing on 2nd player. It past in port charolette. South of us. We are in the upper counties to the north. Nothing really happened.

What or who is sam when the invite happens?

I’m glad to hear it passed you by.

As to you question, I’m afraid I don’t understand. Could you possibly rephrase it for me or elaborate on it?

1 Like

Im sorry if you miss understood me. That was my fault. When at times when you join a game publicly. It shows up as being your name on bottom. You then see sam then some information. You next see the other persons handle for ps4.
What or who is sam? If you need a picture. Ill be more then happy enough to get one.

Hi Wfpk4life,

Thank you for expanding on that question for me. I think it may be worth seeing an image of what you’re refering to as I’d like to confer with the dev team about it.

The only thing I can think of is Sam is one of the original 2 developers of the game. But the way you’re describing it, this could be something else entirely and it’s just a coincidence. I’ll see if I can get more info from the team on this.

Here are ping information for the u.s

There is another problem. Ive seen it but not captured it. The sharks tails always move to the left. When you on a sand bar if you would. I saw it happen on a hammerhead at the time.

This one im uploading should not be like this. You loose out on the fiberous.

Here is the sam nam or program that is running.

This one is really messed up honestly. I was trying to join someone online. It does not say how many people are on. So i tried and recieved this error

It should tell you it is full before not with it saying an eorror. That is not an error. Its full. It should show it on the side next to the name that started the hosting.

I just got on a online game. I couldnt find out why i was going slow then i just looked on the watch

Now i have no way of healing myself.

I have new information and pictures for you.@clare

Hi Wfpk4life, thank you for those additional pictures and info.

I will pass these images and your feedback onto the team.

Regarding Yucca or other plants spawning inside other plants / rocks / cliffs etc, this the one the team are aware of and I will add your info to that report. I will also note the shark’s animation issue for them so they can look into it.

Regarding the text when you’re invited to join another game, I believe that could be placeholder text that is accidentally being displayed and will alert the team.

Server full notification - I will pass on this feedback.

Broken bones when joining a save - As you are joining a save that another user is hosting, particularly if it is a public user, you are taking the “seat” of Player 2. If it is not a new game then that Player 2 might have been used by another player who did not unlock many items and ended up with broken bones before logging out. As a result when you take that position you take on the experience and stats saved for Player 2 in that save. However if it was a new save created by someone you know that you joined, and you started with broken bones, please let me know.

Thank you again for providing image references, these can be very helpful for the team.

Ill provide more if i notice anything out of the ordinary and try to get pictures @clare. I will do my best. This game has more visual abilities in the game itself. I notice your building level stops at 6. Is there any plans for more creative levels?

1 Like

Thank you Wfpk4life, please do let me know if you notice anything else and I’d be happy to pass any reports onto the team.

Regarding the building/creative levels, I know the last feature the team are aiming to bring over from PC to Console is the piles feature (storing large amounts of items like wood, for example. in containers that look like piles of that item). After that the plan is to focus on continuing to address issues reported by players, and then any “quality of life” updates that may be needed. Adding to the crafting system would likely be considered an additional feature for both PC and Console and as far as I am aware there are no plans for that at the moment.

Im sure you know about this issue. It does rough waters. I notice that the life boat says 4. Does that mean the devs are going to expand it out more to 4 people?

The hats. Are they really necessarily needed? There are only 2 people on the island. There is not 4? People.

Why do we need a hoe to dig for crops? All you do is hold it. That needs more animation then holding it please?

RefRefined hammer in the air while about to be kicked off. Sometimes it happens sometimes it does not. However who ever the host is. We as 2nd player will soon be kicked. This is most likely due to the ping time or latency. I would like to get the ip to the server so i can report it back by packets loss and latency while i am on with someone so i may pass it along please?

This one i personally do not understand. I opened the crate. I attempted to get what is seen here. A trunk and palm forms. There was nothing in the crate. I ask the guy that made the server. (Sub server) if you would. He could not see it. I tried a different crate. Same exact issue. This time it was floating with the trunk in the ocean floor while the boat was going up and down.

This one was stuck in the water.

2 thing wrong happen at times. This as you can see is one. The second is very hard to catch. The crates trunks fibrous leaves etc would drop but it would twist. Do. Ot get me wrong it is fine. The lroblem is. They should not be twisting in the first place.

This on i do not get. The person that made this sub server did not do this since he could not see it. I could. I got bumped off 3 to 4 times right after these kind of unpresidented things happen.

Closer look. I did try fo pick it up. However i was not successful. It was not there. It was. Never have i seen this.

Pal
M tree in the mountain. I know people have reported this. When you chop one down. Normally stays within the mountains. Then you can not retrieve it.

Walking through crates etc. Ive notice like this for example. You have a magic abiliity to walk through stuff.

Here is a questions that a bunch of us would like to know. Has nothing to do with a patch. Oh, im sorry. I have not caught a sharks back fin swimming only to the right.

Has anyone in this forum use pictures for proof rather then just speak on it where the devs need to prove it happens? I understand the devs do but proof wise? All through the forum ive seen peopke quiting upset absurd language at you. Do you forsee other people reporting these as i proceed to do?

@Clare more information to pass along to the devs please? The one picture of the palm froms and a trunk in water. It would stay like that until 1st player picked it out of the crate. That was the same with the others for second player.

I did notice that you can join a session. It has to be public. If it was private online. You can not.

The option to kick would be great. You have built. It took hours to build a home base with a gyrocopter, motor boat, a house. Would you want all that to be destoyed in 60 seconds? Maybe take all the food. The person goes offline. You do not get the materials compass bandage back. If they leave it should all be dropped so it would make it accessable to the first player.

It is not fair to other players with people that try to ruin the game for serious players.for others. In the game you have the cartograph diagonal. Which granted makes it hard to read. Thats where the compass comes in handy. If you want to build a base on a island. Wouldnt that be the point to build it to make it your own home/base?

Hi Wfpk4life,

Thank you for those additional images and comments. I’ve responded to each below. If I missed anything, please let me know.

• Hints screen: Are you referring to your previous question regarding being aware of storms when in a raft but you yourself have not experienced being tipped out of your raft? It’s my understanding that it can happen, especially if standing in the raft, but it is not a certainty that it will occur every time.

• 4 Person Raft: I believe the raft says the person count because it is based on a real-life raft design which could accommodate 4 people. I have not heard of any plans to expand multiplayer for players.

• The Hats: The hats denote the difficulty of the game you’re playing multiplayer, they appear in the single player version of the game when playing in 3rd person also. I have a request submitted to the team on behalf of the community for the ability to switch hats off in the options.

• The hoe: I shall pass feedback regarding animations.

• Floating hammer: Thank you for this image, I will add it to the report regarding player disconnects. I cannot give you the ip of the server hosting the multiplayer game. While there is a system in place that manages the multiplayer games, the saves and games themselves are hosted on the console of Player 1 and Player 2 joins that game rather than 2 players joining an independent server.

• Floating items on top of / inside crates: This is one the team is aware of, often the floating items are items contained within the crate but player 2 cannot see or access them. This is related to the issue where player 2 logs in and sees the crates as empty, but if Player 1 removes and replaces all the items in the crate, Player 2 will be able to see the contents correctly.

• Floating crate images: Thank you for these, as with the floating hammer image, I will add these to my report for the team.

• Palm tree inside the mountain: The team are aware of this issue and I believe it is related to the issue you reported previously where Yucca trees also spawn inside environmental items such as bushes or mountains and resources can be lost when harvesting them.

• Walking through crates: some colliders are removed to prevent issues from occurring for players. In this instance it is my understanding that players walking through crates is intended by the team to prevent issues.

• Regarding other users on the forums using pictures: Yes, some users provide detailed descriptions, some provide images and some provide video clips they’ve posted to YouTube or a combination of all 3. While the devs do not need photographic proof that the issue is happening, seeing images or clips alongside descriptions can help the team get a better sense of what the issue is and what to look for when trying to recreate it themselves when testing. All information provided is greatly appreciated by the team.

• Only able to join public games: I have alerted the team to this issue you are experiencing.

• Option to Kick: I will pass this feedback / request onto the team. I understand the issues that could be caused if someone joined your game and was just there to cause problems and how it would be better to be able to kick someone rather than having to restart the server and that a kicked player should drop items at this point too.

• The aim of Stranded Deep is to survive as long as you can, and if you follow the story mode, eventually escape the islands. The cartographer at a diagonal adds an extra challenge to navigation (sometimes players like to draw out their own maps too). Some players decide to find a base island and build a home, opting to stay on the island and not complete the story but focus on exploring, building and survival instead. There are many ways players choose to play the game :slight_smile:

I hope that helps answer some of your questions. I think I touched on everything in your messages but if I missed anything, let me know!

1 Like

Is there plans to expand the islands due to collecting almost everything in the game or islands? People do want to play more then just to leave the islands. People do want it as minecraft which really is not the point of the game. Its called stranded deep. If you are stranded this makes it almost impossible to leave. I love the game.

I just believe that this game has more potential for the consoles and pc of pushing the graphics more. More discriptive in details and what the turtorial has. The graphics can be spruced up. How about digging or caves? More sea life like seals or more interesting animals you could kill? Black tip sharks we should be able to kill. They are not that dosaile animals. They are sharks as much as the others.

How about like nurse sharks sleep. Little caves like that. This is the feeling of looking like a tropical paradise. There is worse hurricanes water spouts lighting thunder rolling in the back ground to know when a thunderstorm comes. Major wind. The possibilities are endless. Volcanos and underwater vto earthquakes to tsunamis.

Hi Wfpk4life,

There are no plans to expand the islands that I am aware of. If players wish to have additional resources in their game, they can replace an island with a custom island they built in the cartographer, but the number of islands will not change. (The island the player is on when in single player mode is marked in red, as well as the boss islands, these can not be replaced)

While I do not know if the team will plan to upgrade graphics or visual elements in the future, digging, caves and additional wildlife would be a feature set and likely will not be added to the game. The team have confirmed the PC version is now feature complete and they will be working on issues reported by players for now. That said, in a recent Q&A that Sam filled out he did hint that he’s been thinking about the next game… [PC] Message from the Team, 2022-09-19 whether it’s a sequel or not, or what features it may that Stranded Deep does not remains to be seen…

Hi Clare any info on when the next update will be released on xbox/ps (piled update ect) i know you get asked all the time just a general question :grin: thanks