Tried to play online with a friend, both on Playstation5 using console chat online and chat works perfectly fine, but we are unable to play together.
Not even applicable
Just tried to host a game and get Server Timeout or tried to join when one is able to be an host and impossible to join.
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? YES
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? YES
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. NO, still stuck
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.
Hi Amachamort, welcome to the forums,
I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with connecting to a server with your friend. Please let me know…
- What region are you using when hosting the game?
- Have you tried changing the region? If not, please try this and let me know if it does/doesn’t work for you.
- What NAT type do both consoles have? (This is in the network settings of your console)
- Can you confirm for me if both of you have tried hosting?
- Have you tried hosting again at a different time since you originally reported this issue? If so, does the same issue occur? If you have been able to play since reporting, please let me know around what time (and in what timezone) the error occurred for you.
- Are you able to join random games or host without your friend joining? If you can host first with your friend trying to join later, do you experience any disconnects shortly after they join?
I understand that this can be frustrating and any extra information you can provide about your experience would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team in investigating the cause of the issue.