[PS4] [2071] when jumping from a palm tree, handheld items vanish from inventory and get entirely lost

Summary
Please provide as much detail of the issue and your experience with it as possible. Please also let us know how frequently the issue occurs and if it can occur from the start of a gameplay session or over time.

When I have an item in my hand (usually a refined knife, but I have observed it with other items, such as a storage crate), and then climb a palm tree, if I jump from the tree instead of climbing back down, I drop my item and it disappears, or flies off into the ocean or something, idk where it goes, but I know it doesn’t drop to the ground near the tree, or go into my inventory. it simply vanishes. This bug should be repeatable, almost every time, it has happened to me so many times, and it gets old fast.

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands? this happened both before I changed the default settings, and after, and also happened both before and after I added a custom island.

Steps
What steps, if known, can cause this issue to occur for you?
Climbing a palm tree with an item in hand, and then jumping off. It might also be necessary to have a full inventory, though I haven’t yet tested this.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? yes
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? yes
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. no
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue. I think I covered everything

it might be occurring as a result of grabbing a coconut with a full inventory. I can’t think of any other reason I would want to climb a palm tree, so that is probably it.

Have not played since the update, but this happened prior to the update but then, the item had in fact been dropped. But oh so hard to find.

1 Like

it happened to me with a crate (before the bug happened), and that crate was gone. I think sometimes it drops to the ground, and other times, it flies off into space or something

Hi RightSide,

Thanks for reporting this, I’ll inform the team of this issue.

I know some players have reported if you climb to the top of a palm tree it’ll result in your player falling as if you’ve jumped. Have you noticed this and if so have you lost any items that way or are you jumping off the palm tree yourself?

I don’t think I have climbed all the way to the top at any point, for this to happen to me. For me, it happens when I jump off myself, even if that is like 1ft from the ground, it still happens sometimes

I just done some more testing, and there is definitely a bug where the character jumps from the tree if he climbs too high, or, for example, if you switch to a knife to knock a coconut down because your inventory is full, he jumps off then too, but it might be a very specific set of circumstances to trigger the lost item bug I mentioned, I thought it happened more often, but it wasn’t happening to me when I just tried.

Thanks for letting me know RightSide, I’ll pass this info onto the team as it should hopefully help them to recreate the issue on their end.

Thank you, Clare. I suspect it might have something to do with the same thing that happens on land, where you drop whatever is in your hand, if you try to pick something up when your inventory is full.

No problem, I’ll make a note of the potential connection in my report :+1:
Thanks again!

1 Like