[PS4] [2071] Taking fall damage every time I load a save

Summary
Please provide as much detail of the issue and your experience with it as possible. Please also let us know how frequently the issue occurs and if it can occur from the start of a gameplay session or over time.

Whenever I load into my save game, I fall from a height, and take one bar of fall damage, regardless of if I save another time, and load, it just always drops me from a height and I take fall damage.

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands?

Wildlife Removed (to circumvent interaction bug)

Steps
Load a game.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console?

Yes; no effect

-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting?

Yes

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not.

I tried demolishing and replacing the shelter I had been using with no problems for at least 30 days, and demolishing and rebuilding that, and saving and reloading, still drops me from a height.

-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.

One time when I saved, my ps4 controller ran out of power, and interrupted the save, and since then, I take fall damage every time I load a game.

Hi RightSide,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you confirm for me if you broke any bones (even if they were healed) or took fall damage in the gameplay session before your save was interupted?

Also, would it be possible to get a copy of this save file?

To access the file:

1. Turn on PS4
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.
  3. In the main menu, go to ā€œSettingsā€
  4. Click on ā€œApplication Saved Data Managementā€
  5. Select ā€œSaved Data in System Storageā€
  6. Select ā€œCopy to USB Storage Deviceā€
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press ā€œCopyā€
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ā€œ.binā€ and ā€œProfileā€ files
  12. Email us the Zip files to contact@beamteamgames.com - please include your forum username in the subject line so I can find it and link it to my report for the team.

If unable to send the files via email you can upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service and email us the link.

Thanks!

Iā€™m not breaking any bones, just every time I load in, I am taking precisely one block of fall damage, no matter if I replace the shelter or not. I havenā€™t tried replacing it at different elevations, because I am scared that I might fall from higher and die every time I load in.
I will try and find an external drive later on.

I tried to copy my save data, and it didnā€™t let me do it individually, so I downloaded all my save data, (in PS4 Format), and it saved all of them as filenames Cusa then a 5 digit number, with no additional identifying information. Indeed, when I click in, there is no identifying information in any of the files, it is just items like saveslot1 saveslot 2, etc, with nothing referencing the game name. Do we know what the Cusa number would be, because then I could copy that file over to email

Iā€™ll try and find out the Cusa number from the team RightSide, please bare with me as Iā€™m on a different timezone to them so it might be some time before I get the answer.

And thank you for taking the time to download your save so far!

1 Like

While waiting for the team to get back to me, is there a CUSA18152? This is based on another save file I got from a player. Iā€™m not sure if the Cusa numbers are random from machine to machine or if itā€™ll matchā€¦

There was nothing for the ctrl F. I think they vary from individual to individual. Thatā€™s really unfortunate. I will try again tomorrow, and see if I can get somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks RightSide, itā€™s much appreciated. In the meantime if I get any clues from the team Iā€™ll let you know!

1 Like

This sounds similar to my bug

Summary
Please provide as much detail of the issue and your experience with it as possible. Please also let us know how frequently the issue occurs and if it can occur from the start of a gameplay session or over time.

Whenever I load a save game on my home island (@Clare mentioned in the BIg interaction bug thread) (either from a ā€˜shelterā€™ save or a ā€˜sleeping bagā€™ save) I drop a small disatnce and break a leg. This does not happen when I have saved on other islands. My home island is the only one where I have ever broken my leg in this current save.

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands?

Wildlife Removed (to circumvent interaction bug). Noted that I still have them disabled.

Steps
Load a game.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console?

Yes; no effect

-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting?

Yes

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not.

I have not tried anything else.

-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.

This started happening after I broke my leg, fixed it then saved.

@Clare Iā€™ll try to get a save file across to you in the next day or so.

1 Like

it sounds almost identical, except in my case, I am not falling far enough to break a leg. (my shelter is on one of the highest points on the map

@RightSide - After discussing the CUSA number with the team, they said save number could be CUSA18449 as this number also represents Stranded Deep save files but in a different region.

@Reebont - thank you! Also tagging you in case you find the CUSA numbers handy to have too.

Iā€™ve found it, it turned out it was the very first number you gave me. (CUSA18152). I have sent all of the links over as onedrive links. Thanks for your help with this.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to find and upload that save Rightside, I can confirm Iā€™ve forwarded the files onto the team for their investigation.

1 Like

hi Clare, I was wondering if you know what is likely to happen with my game data. The reason I am asking is, I am wondering if it is worth me to continue playing the game, and building up my island, or if that is pointless, because I donā€™t know if the developers will patch the bug in the update, or if they will alter my save game data and send it back to me, which would render pointless any work I did on my island between when I gave you the data, and when it is fixed.

Hi RightSide, Iā€™m sorry I should have made this clear when requesting your data. The team cannot fix and return saves to players, among various reasons is the fact that any unique fix they commit to a single save could end up clashing with a community wide fix later.

The team will use your save to investigate the issue and in testing fixes. Then when they have found a fix for the issue, itā€™ll be released to the community as a whole as part of an update. The team will always aim for fixes to be applied to pre existing saves, only in circumstances where this is not possible may a new save be required to see the fix - this is thankfully a rare occurrence but something I felt should also be mentioned.

Sorry again for not covering this before, that is entirely an oversight on my part and thank you for asking for clarification.

1 Like

Thank you, Clare. Not a problem. At least I can still play it for now. I will just have to be careful to watch my health bar before saving.

1 Like

update: This is only happening on my main island (central island), and is not happening on other islands, but when I save on a different island, then save, and reload, the character takes no fall damage, but upon returning to my middle island, when I save, and reload, he takes fall damage again.

1 Like

Thank you for the update RightSide, Iā€™ll inform the team.