[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Raft Canopy no longer protects from sun

Seed

Settings
Wildlife passive. Volumetric clouds on.

Steps
Just play the game. Prior to update 2071 if I was under the raft canopy I would be safe from sun. Now it’s like the canopy isn’t even there.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console?
Yes, several times.

-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting?
Yes, shut down a couple of times as well as over night shut down.

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not
I did install more canopies wondering if I needed more protection from the sun but this did not help. I am not sure what else I could try.

2 Likes

Hi HawkGirl, thank you for reporting this issue. I’ll submit a report to the Console team.

If you notice this occuring with buildings or shade on an island too, please let me know.

I will check this out later today and let you know if either of these have issues. Thank you Clare!

1 Like

I tested a building and some shade by a cliff and both still seem to work on my save. Just the raft canopy has stopped functioning.

Awesome, thanks for checking the shade in your save HawkGirl :slight_smile:

I’m on PS4 and have noticed the same thing, but only in the morning, figured it was intentional as canopy is directly above you (though annoying).

Even in clear shade from trees or cliffs it can be very hard to get UV to change from high to none. I find I need to stand right next to a large tree trunk and move with the sun to avoid it, or hug a cliff face.

Not sure if it’s a bug or linked to the general change in UV harshness that others have noted since the Co-op update. Either way it’s very frustrating as seeking shade means looking at your watch non-stop to ensure it’s actually working. Standing in visibly dense shade should suffice.

Any idea if the sun is intentionally this hard to avoid? Or is this a bug?

Hi YWillis,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I believe this is an issue in the game and have filled a report for the team. It is likely linked to other issues of UV being too high for too long and SPF meters dropping too quickly. I will add your experience to my report for the team.

A post was split to a new topic: [PS4] Raft canopy protection