[PC-Steam][0.90.11[Meat Spoilage] Smoked meat spoils overnight!

Summary
Each day I try to have fish on the side to harvest and cook. But one day I had extra smoked fish. I placed the smoked fish in a wooden crate and went to sleep. Upon waking I pulled out my smoked meat and after eating it threw up. I found all my meat to be spoiled. Overnight. In only 8 hours.

Seed

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands?
All options were default for my system and no custom islands were used.

Steps
Go swimming and kill a Giant Grouper bringing it on shore
I dragged it near to my smoker for easy access.
Harvest all meat from the grouper.
Fire up the smoker and smoke the meat until done.
Place an empty wooden crate next to the smoker.
Remove meat and place in wooden crate.
I have a building over the water with a bed constructed. Go into the base and sleep.
(I try sleeping between 11:30 and 1:15 but usually 11:30)
when you wake up go get some water from your water still then go to the wooden chest and eat a piece of that beautifully smoked fish.
Get ready to puke.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or PC? Sure have. Reload it many times in a course of a day

-Have tried reinstalling the game? Nope. Should not matter.

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue?
I have observed that placing meat on the ground or in the wooden crate all spoil equally fast.
I’ve used crab as well as fish with same results.

-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - Do you really want to watch me puke? jejejeje

Really? I played also Steam and same version, but that never happens…

When items names are enabled, it must be called “smoked” and not just “cooked” or?

Cooked meat will spoil after a day, maybe earlier.

Haven’t gone in to check. But since everything was cooked in the smoker I assume it was smoked.

Think wooden crate might be the problem. I have issues with harvested potatoes. I put them in crate and cant access them again. They show in crate but cant take them out. Claire said to put them in starer crate. Havent tried yet. I let my meat hang on smoker and daily eat of there. Not sure if it will work but u can try

Well, you can cook and smoke on a smoker. First it will be cooked after you hear a “ding”, then after hearing a “ringring” it is smoked. So my guess is that you didn’t wait so long.

I’ve never seen anything like that happen while playing this game.
‘Cooked’ and ‘Smoked’ have different sounds and color when finished