[PC][Epic][0.76.00] Game Crash my PC after the loading screen

Summary
I launch the game, there is the splash screen and there is Title Screen with “Press Return”
I press my Return Key, there is loading a few second and my computer crash and reboot

(i’ve try direct x 11 or open GL // and fullscreen or bordeless mode)

Win7 64bits - Intel I5-4570 @3.20GHz
Ram : 16Go
Radeon RX580 vram : 4Go and driver up to date
DirectX 11 : up to date

The file “C:\Users…\AppData\LocalLow\Beam Team Games\Stranded Deep” is empty

Output_Log :

-------------------Start--------------------------------------------

Initialize engine version: 2017.4.36f1 (c663def8414c)
Forcing GfxDevice: Direct3D 11
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: Radeon RX 580 Series (ID=0x67df)
Vendor: ATI
VRAM: 4073 MB
Driver: 27.20.14501.28009
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

• Completed reload, in 1.264 seconds
    Initializing input.

Input initialized.

Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 13.203768 ms
CULTURE: System culture uses comma instead of decimal point…

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

CULTURE: Changed culture from [fr-FR] to CultureInfo.InvariantCulture.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Searching for compatible XInput library…
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4.dll
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4.dll
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_4.dll
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_4.dll
Found Xinput1_3.dll.
Options::GetFileVersion:: Options file does not exist.

Options::Load:: Could not load options data. No file was found.
Options settings have been reverted to defaults.

<color=cyan>LocalizationHandler:: Loaded default ‘en-DEFAULT’ asset.

<color=cyan>Ceto (1.1.3) Info: Disabled flipping is on

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 208.732570 ms

Stranded Deep Version: 0.76.00

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

Application Target Frame Rate: -1FPS

Physics Timestep: 120Hz

Unloading 222 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 31842.
Total: 64.493739 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.106220 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.675528 ms MarkObjects: 59.490246 ms DeleteObjects: 2.221101 ms)

SaveManager:: Selecting slot 0

SaveManager::GetSaveFileVersion:: SinglePlayer save file does not exist.

SaveManager::GetSaveFileVersion:: Coop save file does not exist.

StrandedWorld::SetWorldSeed:: Random [598622]

-------------------End--------------------------------------------

I’m no programmer or anything like that but there is one thing that jumped out at me from that log. It seems your trying to run the game from the D: drive on your PC while trying to run a slave on C: drive with the unity engine. This makes no sense to me no matter how I look at it. Games usually run on/from the install drive so my first question is why does it seem your trying to split the processes? Like I said I am no programmer but what I see in that log makes absolutely no sense at all to me.
Perhaps reinstall the game and install it in the default Epic directory. All epic games by default go there. For example I use D:/Games/Epic Games/Stranded Deep. All of my games from Epic are in that Epic Games folder. I hope this helps.

1 Like

hmmm crashing your system, i would run memtest check your ram as this can cause corrupt file/s. Try running sfc /scannow in cmd prompt.

The log file you sent states its having trouble finding an options folder and also xinput which is Direct x. It does however find Xinput1_3.dll and did not find Xinput1_4.dll so i would try reinstalling direct x

Options::GetFileVersion:: Options file does not exist. Could not load options data. No file was found.

Usually a game aint going to crash your whole system unless there are underling issues. At most the the driver would reset and you would end up back on desktop. I would also validate the install, better yet a re install. It is defiantly looking in your d: for the valid xinput.dll but cant seem to locate the files that come packaged with the game.

It might also be worth while testing your HDD for errors and or both c: d: etc

1 Like

The game is in the drive D and the save game is in C:/…/My Documents/Stranded Deep
=> it’s not my fault if the programmer separate the directory of save game from the directory of the install game :slight_smile:

2020-12-29_074212

After the sfc /scannow : it’s the same probleme

I’ve delete and reinstall game : same thing

why this only game crash pc while my other game seems be ok

i start check my hdd. i’ll come back later.

How reinstall direct X, it’s seem OK, no ?

(i’m new user, i can’t post multiple screen in the same post : / )

all games are like this generally.

Fallback handler could not load library
D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4.dll
is where the issue resides

If it cant find game files it requires then a) it wont load b) it would crash to desktop c) would produce an error like the one your receiving. At no point would it shut down your PC or cause a reboot.

“my computer crash and reboot” that is hardware/software related. missing or corrupt files is a) ram issue b)hdd issue c) OS issue. test these first then reinstall if needed.

Personally i do this alot install games to d: aint had issues yet. you can manually check the xinput1_4.dll to see if it is in the game install folder located at D:/Jeux/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/

Ive just installed and seems to work ok. Starts game, hits return then comes up with preloading screen, then switch’s to next loading screen and then to main menu. Im assuming you crash before even getting to the main menu.

Ive checked my own install and i dont have a mono folder hmmmm.

You could also try rolling back your GPU drivers. rx 460 bla bla rx 560 what ever are notorious for bad driver support and why i got rid of my rx 460 at the time. I can confirm that it works on epic , windows 7 and a gt 1030 with 32gb of ram and fx-8120 :grinning: check its on performance mode too and if needed reduce resolution to minimal

Ps dont trust amd clean install use another program lol

yeah I was just looking into the xinput problem myself after comparing his output file to my own. Xinput is for using XBox controllers and apparently there is a problem with your drivers for your xbox controller you can find out more about it here XInput Versions - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs

So if you use and Xbox controller like I do on your pc you probably have to reinstall your drivers. Hope this helps and good luck.

xbox one controllers work but if its xbox 360 then it will crash windows 7 and cause errors, dont have the controller “360” plugged in while attempting a reboot of windows 7 it will fail for some reason Microsoft failed to get windows 7 and 360 drivers to work. windows 7 will fail to boot and blue screen with 360 drivers installed and the controller plugged in. xbox one seems fine from my testing #microsoftsense lol ive also purchased several 360 controllers wired all die within months and barely any use. xbox one seems like its holding out for now.

Didn’t know about that xbox 360 and win7 issue. Good to know.

I saw #microsoftsense and thought microsoft + sense and realized it was an oxymoron and my brain started to hurt.

I’m running win 8.1 and had no problems with my 360 controller. Been using it for a few years now.

lol ye only took me 150 gbp to figure out it was a microsoft issue with the 360 crap 4 broken controllers too. and ripping pc back to nothing just to get the thing to boot ugh the pain of BSOD. most times they would have limited use and just die. stay away from microsoft headsets also :stuck_out_tongue:

my cash is on the AMD GPU drivers now, menu seems to be heavy on GPU side look for stable amd drivers for your card or if you have install cd with beta drivers roll back to them and re test. Dont ever update your drivers if its working fine. bad thing about rx 4xx and rx 5xx models is compatibility and cheap o ram on the cards hope you got samsung on your card. my rx460 was dead within 6 mths

i’ve de-install my xbox360 controler
i’ve change install drive of the game to my ssd (the crash come more rapidely :roll_eyes:)
i haven’t beta driver for my video card (it’s a shapphire rx580 - driver 20.12.1)

Sometime after loading and before crash, it seem there is an error message about “the cartographer”, but shutdown is fast and i can’t read the message correctly

[EDIT] : with my BSOD viewer, there isn’t any file in windows or windows/minidump

last log :

--------------------------------- Start ---------------------------------
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: Radeon RX 580 Series (ID=0x67df)
VRAM: 4073 MB
Driver: 27.20.14501.28009

• Completed reload, in 0.070 seconds
    Initializing input.

Input initialized.

UnloadTime: 1.313737 ms

CULTURE: Changed culture from [fr-FR] to CultureInfo.InvariantCulture.

Fallback handler could not load library C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4
Fallback handler could not load library C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_4
Fallback handler could not load library C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_4.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_4.dll
Found Xinput1_3.dll.

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 208.867279 ms

Stranded Deep Version: 0.76.00

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

Application Target Frame Rate: -1FPS

Physics Timestep: 120Hz

Unloading 222 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 31842.
Total: 58.315388 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.705998 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.293909 ms MarkObjects: 52.199580 ms DeleteObjects: 2.115900 ms)

SaveManager:: Selecting slot 0

World::LoadWorldSeed:: Binary stream ‘0’ does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

--------------------------------- End ---------------------------------

From looking at this, it appears the game it looking for xinput 1_4 but you have xinput 1_3 so its looking like a version conflict meaning your drivers are an older version than the one’s the game needs.

Every dll file the game is looking for is version 1_4 so I’m guessing this is the problem, but like I said I’m no specialist or programmer.

See if you can find Xinput 1_4 for win7. Not sure if this will fix the problem but it will eliminate this as a possibility or we could get lucky. Good luck.

here is the xinput1_4.dll XInput1_4.dll Download - Fix XInput1_4.dll Missing Error on Windows
Make sure you select your operating system before you download
Download it (if it’s a zip or rar extract it) and drop it in this folder
C:/_Jeux_SSD/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/

That’s the DLL file the game is looking for so put it in there and see what happens.

Hi ludoboy78,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for such a detailed description of what you’re experiencing.

As others have mentioned here, I also suspect that this is pointing to an underlying system issue that has been triggered by the game, rather than an issue that is caused by the game.

I’ve been looking for similar issues on the Steam forums, and while there are certainly instances of the game crashing with GTX cards, entire system crashes with BSOD seem to be almost exclusively on RX cards.
I even found a linux user with the same card as you with model ID 0x67df who is having the same trouble.

There appears to a newer driver for W7 which mentions fixes for 500 series cards(20.11.2), it’s worth trying that out though I can’t say if this will help.

In my own experience when I’ve encountered an issue like this I’ve learned that everything from cleaning the mobo to reconnecting PSU cables can help.
So at the very least I would certainly update the driver and see if you can make some tweaks in Radeon Additional Settings .

I’m submitting a bug report to the dev team on your behalf, so we’ll keep an eye on this on our end.

Let us know if the driver update or anything else helps in the meantime.

Hi,

I have the same problem. After both splashes and the “Press Return” screen my pc shuts down.

(i’ve try direct x 11 or open GL // and fullscreen or bordeless mode)

Win10 x64 - AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
RAM: 16GB
graphic: AMD R9 280X
DirectX 12

Output_Log:

Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ID=0x6798)
VRAM: 3051 MB
Driver: 27.20.14501.18003

• Completed reload, in 1.230 seconds
    Initializing input.

Input initialized.

UnloadTime: 0.808800 ms

CULTURE: Changed culture from [de-DE] to CultureInfo.InvariantCulture.

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_2.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_2.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_2
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_2
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_2.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_2.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_1.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_1.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_1
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/xinput1_1
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_1.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/StrandedDeep/Stranded_Deep_Data/Mono/libxinput1_1.dll
Found Xinput1_4.dll.
LoadControllerAssignments:: [1/idroid Snakebyte] assignment loaded.

LoadControllerMaps:: Loading saved mouse maps…

LoadControllerMaps:: Loading saved keyboard maps…

<color=cyan>LocalizationHandler:: Loaded default ‘de-DEFAULT’ asset.

<color=cyan>LocalizationHandler:: <color=red>Missing terms:

<color=red>LOADING_PROGRESS_TEXT_RETRIEVING_USER_INFO
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_PLAY
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_PLAY_DESC
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_PLAY_ONLINE
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_PLAY_ONLINE_DESC
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_CONTINUE_DESC
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_CONTINUE_COOP_DESC
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_CHANGE_SAVE_SLOT
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_NEW_GAME_DESC
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_CARTOGRAPHER_DESC
<color=red>MAIN_MENU_BUTTON_LEADERBOARDS_DESC
<color=red>PLAY_MENU_LABEL_TITLE
<color=red>PLAY_MENU_BUTTON_BACK
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_LABEL_TITLE
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_CONTINUE
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_CONTINUE_DESC
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_HOST
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_HOST_DESC
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_JOIN
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_JOIN_DESC
<color=red>PLAY_ONLINE_MENU_BUTTON_BACK
<color=red>NEW_GAME_MENU_BUTTON_STARTING_CRATE
<color=red>NEW_GAME_MENU_DB_WARNING_OVERWRITE_DESC
<color=red>CHANGE_SAVE_SLOT_MENU_LABEL_TITLE
<color=red>CHANGE_SAVE_SLOT_MENU_BUTTON_SLOT
<color=red>OPTIONS_ABOUT_MENU_LABEL_DISCLAIMER
<color=red>MAP_MSG_ERROR_LOADING_MAP
<color=red>MAP_MSG_ERROR_LOADING_MAP_FILES_NOT_FOUND
<color=red>MAP_MSG_ERROR_LOADING_MAPS
<color=red>NEW_GAME_MODE_STARTING_CRATE_ON
<color=red>NEW_GAME_MODE_STARTING_CRATE_OFF
<color=red>NEW_GAME_MODE_STARTING_CRATE_ON_DESC
<color=red>NEW_GAME_MODE_STARTING_CRATE_OFF_DESC
<color=red>GAME_OVER_SCREEN_PERMADEATH
<color=red>ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_CARBON
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_KURA
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_QUWAWA
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_WAVULAVULA
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_COCA
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_POTATO
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_ALOE
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_AJUGA
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_PIPI
<color=red>PLANT_TYPE_YUCCA
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_STRUCTURE_RAFT
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_MEDICAL_SUNSCREEN
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_TOOLS_SPEARGUN
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_TOOLS_FLASHLIGHT
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_EASTEREGG_RUBBER_DUCK
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_BOSS_EEL
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_BOSS_MEGALODON
<color=red>INTERACTIVE_TYPE_BOSS_SQUID
<color=red>ITEM_NTF_LOST_AT_SEA_DESC
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_NTF_MISSED_ACHIEVEMENT_TITLE
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_NTF_MISSED_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_HORRIFIC_PACIFIC
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_BACKPACKER
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_BACK_TO_THE_STONE_AGE
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_LOOK_WHAT_I_HAVE_CREATED
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_KNIFE_SKILLS
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_CRABBY_PATTY
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_FISHING_SEASON_IS_OPEN
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_ISLAND_HOPPER
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_DAY_10
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_HERMIT
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_VEGETARIAN
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_HUNTER_OF_THE_HIGH_SEAS
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_NEW_THREADS
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_FISH_ARE_FRIENDS
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_THE_SEAS_HARVEST
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_MOVING_UP
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_GREEN_THUMB
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_HORTICULTURALIST
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_ANOTHER_DAY_ANOTHER_SHORE
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_WORKING_WITH_MY_HANDS
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_UNCHAINED_MELODY
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_DAY_20
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_POWAH
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_NOMAD
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_DA_VINCI
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_CALL_ME_AHAB
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_COLUMBUS
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_LEAN_MEAN_CRAFTING_MACHINE
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_INDUSTRIAL_FASHION
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_ARCHAEOLOGIST
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_PACKAGE
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_GOTTA_CRAFT_EM_ALL
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_DAY_50
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_DAY_100
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_OUT_OF_THE_FRYING_PAN
<color=red>ACHIEVEMENT_MAGNETS

Before that I played it on my Notebook. That means it is a fresh installation of all. AMD Drivers are up to date.