[PC] Multiplayer Launch Update!

Will we have to create a new save game? Or can we load a previous save to invite a friend?

Please consider adding crossplay, I would like to play with my sister whose on xbox, while I’m on pc :slight_smile:

I understand that crossplay between PC and consoles is very difficult because the games are different versions, but hopefully a Steam/Epic crossplay update is in the near future!

Hi Claire,

I’m on Experimental - Highly Experimental version. What version should I be on for the co-op update?

Hi M4S0N13,

Opt out of all beta updates on Steam for now, when the update comes it should be version 0.90.00 on the main menu.

Thank you very much!
I guess I will have to start a new game…
But it’s all good!

1 Like

Hi @jakob - I got confirmtion, Steam and Epic Games can crossplay with each other. Sorry for the delay and for the confusion on my part.

Tagging @OmegaConstruct as you commented on this as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Brooklynbella69, welcome to the forums,

Multiplayer saves and single player saves work differently so you will need to host a new multiplayer save or join one hosted by someone else.

We need Chinese,thank you!

is this update on switch as well? i would assume so but it seems to be left out of any mentions of this update.

Hi Shay,

This update is not on the Nintendo Switch version of Stranded Deep.

1 Like

Is there a changelog yet? Or busy on a hotfix?

Hello there,

My question is about the saving system in online multiplayer. I’ve started a game with someone, played an hour then got disconnected. When I left and came back, by searching the person’s name in the available lobbies, I noticed that I could resume the game with all my items.
Later, that person quit the game entirely so I was sent back to screen title. I joined another game with an entirely new person, and there I had a lot of objects in my inventory (that person was further in the game). So I’d like to understand what’s going on there. Does it mean that, once a game has started with a secondary player, whoever takes their place gains their “seat”, and their set of objects ? If you save the game, as I did, as a guest, it doesn’t seem to give access to the saving point in the game. So the way I understand it, you can’t create a “copy” of a host’s save and enjoy the fruit of your team effort. Only a host seems to be able to save the game and load it to progress further, based on the same game. Correct me if I’m wrong about anything :slight_smile:
Thank you guys, it’s a nice and relevant update.

2 Likes

Me thinks that’s how it works :persevere:

Hi Demowa, welcome to the forums - I confirmed with the team that you are correct in how this works.

Player 2 is a guest in the Host world, when a player joins they resume from the last save state of “Player 2” of that world.

1 Like

Please make it more than 2, there are so few good coop games online for small groups. The moment we have 5 people who want to play together our options are cut down to just a handful of games.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s excellent to hear.

After this update, in cooperative mode on PC, the sun burns until 18-00 o’clock instead of 15-00, so the change was conceived? It became very uncomfortable to play, you constantly need to cool down. Also, items disappear, I met this on tires, one player sees two pieces, the other only one and cannot interact in crafting.

Hi All,

Is there any way in multiplayer, to access the cartographer, or just to see, what world seed we are in? Very difficult to keep track of where you are.

Good day, may i ask how many maximum player for online multiplayer? I gift the game to my friends hoping we can all play together.