[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Multiplayer Disconnects

Both our nat types are open I will test to see if it happens when he host a game. So I will get back ahold of you to let you know when i can. Kinda hard with 3 little kids and me working 6 days a week.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know ThaKonArtis, and no rush at all, I know how life can be - Iā€™ll keep an eye out for a reply. I should get a notification about it, but if you want to make sure I see it feel free to tag me in the message ( @ and then my user name ) or create your own unique post on your experience of the issue in the bug reports section and Iā€™ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Ok so we are both running open nat type, i still get disconnected even when he host the game.

Thank you for confirming that for me ThaKonArtis. I know you mentioned itā€™s around 20-30 mins for a disconnect, but has your friend noticed anything in common right before disconnect, such as an action his character is taking? There was an issue with players disconnecting before if water portions in stills or flasks were out of sync between players, so it may seem like a basic action but could give clues as to what is causing the disconnect.

While I understand the gameplay is in short bursts, please let me know if there have been any other desyncs between you during gameplay.

You also mentioned trying all of the region types, can you confirm for me what region you are in yourself also?

The disconnects happen when we do anything really, seems just random and no particular reason for it like other comments have stated. I also live in Indiana so does my buddie i play with it. We usually play on US West

Thank you for confirming that info for me ThaKonArtis. I will add this info to my report. I unfortunately donā€™t have any further workaround suggestions that I can ofter at this time, usually I would suggest a different region or a more open NAT type but in your case both of these were covered - This is also important for the team to know so they know what type of setups can be affected.

These may be long shots, but if you wish to try (and havenā€™t done so already) then you could tryā€¦

• Clearing the cache of both consoles by shutting down and unplugging for 2 mins before rebooting.

• Ensuring both console system versions match as well as game versions (You shouldnā€™t be able to play together with different game versions, but best to double check - this number is in the bottom left of the main menu)

While I understand this is a frustrating issue and you have understandably stopped playing while the team works on this, if you do decide to play with your friend and notice anything else you feel may be relevant, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Added this info to the original post above:

Please also be sure to mention which version number you are playing as I believe as there have been some multiplayer updates since disconnects were first reported they may not all be the same cause / issue. The more information you can provide about your experience of the disconnects the better I can try to separate out all the information for the team - any information is also greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Added Additional Questions to first post above:
Please let me know if youā€™re using any other console apps or console chat at the same time as playing Mutliplayer and if Stranded Deep is hosted on an Internal or External Drive. - Thank you!

Is there any multiplayer updates in the works or info you can give us because I am eager to get back to being stranded deep with my buddy but we will not play the game until the multi-player disconnections are fixed because the game is no fun when second player is constantly being disconnected from the server

Hi ThaKonArtis,

While there is an update being worked on and the team are investigating issues reported by players, I unfortunately do not have any more further information regarding the timelines for fixes.

I will however pass your comment onto the team as I know players would like an information update, especially on this issue.

Hi, my brother and I are trying to play together on the PS4 but canā€™t connect to any server for co-op. We were able to play for about 10 minutes the first day and now it says either ā€œTimeoutā€, ā€œcannot find serverā€, or ā€œserver fullā€ no matter what we try :frowning:

Hi Emikodono, welcome to the forums and my apologies for the delay in responding to your message.

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re experiencing this issue when connecting via co-op. Can you confirm for me if this issue has persisted for you or if it has resolved itself for now? (In this case I would alert the team to look back at the servers when you reported this issue)

If the issue is persisting for you, please let me know:

• What NAT type you and your brother have in your console settings (if they are different, please let me know who is the host and who is joining the game)

• If you are using a cable connection, please try connecting wirelessly. Another player recently had an issue with maintaining connections in the same household when using a cable connection.

• In relation to the issue above, please let me know if you are indeed in the same household.

• What region are you using? Please try another region or ā€œAutoā€ if you have not already done so to see if that helps. If it does make a difference for you, please let me know which region you were having issues with.

Any extra information you can provide about the game setup would also be appreciated. And if any of the suggestions above work for you, please do let me know as this can help the team in narrowing down what can cause these disconnects for players under different circumstances.

Thank you.

Me and my partner have been playing for a week on a multiplayer server and yester i started disconnecting as p2
We travelled to another island and started setting up a base everything was normal but now i cant stay connected and if i do connect i cant see any structures just items

Weā€™re same hosehold
Heā€™s wireless and im wired
Both are set to open nat type

Hi MissKillaQuinn, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting this, Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re having network connections.

Please try both of you being on a wireless connection.

A PS user reported something similar not too long ago and found that if either of them used a wired connection, then they could not play multiplayer in the same household, but if they both switched to wireless they were able to connect.

Please let me know if this does or doesnā€™t work for you.

I would add that Player 2 also disconnects when we travel together on a raft and coming close to an island. The island is completely empty. After a while Player 2 disconnects and the island finally loads.

Besides of that I canā€™t name a specific moment because it just happens all of the time without a particular reason.

We both use a PS4 with Wifi connection. We live in separate households. Also weā€™re using the recent version of the game. Our NAT Type is moderate. We live both in EU but also tried using ā€œAutoā€ as a region. At the moment we played around 30 days but the issue appears since day 10 I guess. Our islands are not customized.