[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

Try generating a new island when i do its completely empty nothing renders. Except seaguls flying in the middle. Before the bug starts it works like normal but after it dosent render anything that you put there anymore.

1 Like

I just don’t get it. Every time I play this game the guy crashes the plane… You’d think he’d learn by now… :confused:

1 Like

WOW it is. I can confirm. The island is bare and empty.

The editor is completely broken as well.

2 Likes

Awesome thats a new find i think just not sure what it means

1 Like

Hello,

I’m currently experiencing this issue on PS5. It first started when I traveled to a new island and noticed issues with not being able to target or pick up most items. I was able to pick up some things with crouching in just the right way. This was during daylight hours of the game, and no rain/storms at that location.

I then travelled to another new island, and things on that island worked fully as expected.

I then traveled back to my home base island and was fine at first. I slept and saved, and then a few minutes later, the issue returned.

The issue on my home base island is happening during daylight hours, just as a storm starts. I had a water-still going, but didn’t notice any correlation with that and the issue. I also had meat cooking in a smoker, but again, no observed correlation. I did not notice any birds/bats or any noises. I was able to interact with a few items that were close to the water.

The issue did not resolve when the storm completed, or when night fell. I traveled to another island (the one I first started on), and the issue remained. I returned to my home base island and the issue still remained. The next day started, and the issue continued. Then another storm started and the issue still continued. The second storm ended, and still no change. Birds came and went, and still no change. Night fell again, and still no change.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [Switch] Interactions Issue

Same thing I have tried 8 different times. 6 in co-op. 2 in regular solo game play. It all seems to happen around 3 to 5 days. One time I got to 9 days. But it usually starts around the late evening befor the sun goes down. I can’t do anything after that. Can’t save, cant interact with anything until you die. I tried going to different islands and everything and nothing, Nothing works.

1 Like

I sent an email from the main website, but I thought I would add it here as well. I did a couple run throughs and found that I would run into this issue after visiting my 3rd or 4th island. One time through I always visited a new island and the other time I went start → new → start → new → start.

When going between islands, there is a point where the game pauses momentarily (I’m assuming to load more details/assets about the island I’m approaching). On the final new → start leg, after crossing the “pause”, I could no longer select my sail unless my pointer is pointing the base of the mast. If I continue to the island, I will get stuck there and can’t interact with much of anything (including raft).

After reloading, I crossed the “pause” again, same issue, but I turned back to the island I was leaving from. Once I passed that island’s “pause”, I was able to select the sail. As a test, I went to shore and did a bunch of routine things over the course of a day… gathering, crafting, etc. no. problems. I then left my island again and sailed towards the first new island I visited. Post “pause”, I had sail problems again.

Instead of visiting that island, I sailed to a brand new one. I was able to get off, build a new shelter, still, smoker… around a day in game, I was no longer able to interact with anything I constructed. I was only able to harvest rocks. When attacked by a giant crab, I took damage and was only able to damage it with spear by aiming below the NPC.

Hopefully these observations are helpful for debugging purposes.

1 Like

I’ve also experienced this issue, while playing a pre-existing save and twice in co-op.

In my pre-existing save it happened on day 44, several hours of game-play after the update (I wasn’t really tracking it but it was more than the 4-5 hours other people are reporting). I was coming back to my home island after exploring an island. It was the middle of the day and my SPF was way down, and my health was decreasing because a shark had got me and I was bleeding. I was trying to get back as I had bandages at my camp that I could use. Because I was worried about the SPF I abandoned the raft a little way off shore, set the sea anchor and swam underwater the rest of the way. When I entered my camp I discovered I wasn’t able to pick up the bandages - I wasn’t able to interact with any other object either. I ended up dying as I couldn’t interact with the water still and so I couldn’t get any water.

The next time it happened I was playing co-op on the same map as my solo game. We were on day 9 and had explored 5 islands including the home island. The interesting thing here - that has been mentioned by others as well - was that we hadn’t come across any snakes on any of the islands. Also on a couple of islands we visited, there were no coconuts in the trees, which I thought was really strange (and annoying as we needed water), but we were still able to interact with everything normally. When the bug hit, we were on our home island and it was sometime in the middle of the day. I had just placed two corrugated garden plots, went to plant some aloe and discovered I wasn’t able to interact with the garden plot. We then weren’t able to interact with anything else properly. We had one water still fairly low on the beach that we were able to interact with by jumping onto a rock that was beside it and crouching, looking down at one of the stick corners. But because we weren’t able to obtain any fibre for the water still we could only drink what was there and then died of dehydration.

The next time we played co-op we only made it to day 3 before the bug hit. We used a new randomly generated map. We were exploring a new island - the third island we had been on besides our home island. It was the middle of the night and there were bats directly overhead when it happened. We were on the beach and I realised I wasn’t able to select any of the small palms to harvest. A giant crab came along and killed my character because we couldn’t fight it. We’d already built a shelter out of items we had in our inventory so my daughter saved and exited the game for us to come back to later (permadeath was off). When we came back to the game, we took the raft back to our home island (it was tricky to get it off the beach as it was also difficult to interact with). I had lost all of my inventory except my knife - although I don’t know if this is normal after an in-game death (I’d had heaps in there as we had raided an island before this one and were on our way home). Luckily our home island camp had been set up fairly close to the water and we were able to interact with most items with a bit of jiggling. We worked out that we had to crouch and look down on items to make them work. For the water still, we stacked crates beside the still and then could drink by crouching on top of the crates and looking down at one of the corners of the still. We have built farming plots down by the water and have been able to interact with them by crouching. We can’t interact with anything higher up on the island and sometimes we have to point the cursor slightly off-centre to interact with things near the shore line. It’s not ideal but we were able to play for a couple of hours like this.

I kept watch for snakes in the second co-op game to see if this issue was linked but we had snakes on one of the islands we visited in the second game. Also I didn’t notice the disappearing coconuts in the second co-op game either. We couldn’t pick them off the trees, but we worked out if we crouched at the base of the palm trees and chopped them down, the coconuts would fall off and then as long as they had fallen towards the water we could crouch and pick them up (just sharing this in case it helps someone else).

I hope this bug is fixed soon :frowning:

Its not a fix but if you want to survive after the glitch generate a new island next to yours. It will be bare and empty. Save the game and delete the generated island. Load back in and the original will come back and all supplies. Search the wrecks for crates of sardines. Can repeat as much as you want.

I’ve been trying to break it too tonight… I had it happen in co-op yesterday, then we gave up cuz of the glitch. My solo game was having issues immediately after leaving that co op game. Upon playing solo only tonight with no interaction with online co op I’ve been trying to replicate the glitch - leaving home island and saving/quitting going back, I’ve had zero issues.

Mines working again!!!

Either devs fixed or i cracked the code.

Mine appears to be working again only with minor bugs. If you guys got it fixed, thanks. If not, I’m going to try to enjoy wit while it’s working.

Did you do something?

It was wishful thinking. It just crapped out. At this point, this game is just a wadte of space on my hard drive.

1 Like

Ya im thinking about going ahead and freeing up the space on mine as well. Cant even play it solo. Whats the point. Who knows when it well be fixed… Kinda sad about it though, was really enjoying it befor it crapped out on me… I guess until next time. Maybe it will be worked out then.

Hi Mc21271 is your game still working what did you do to make it work

My game bugged out day 15. Made it to day 19 now suddenly working again for 2 full day cycles. We’ll see if it holds.

To add on what I said earlier (some of which I think others may have said in this or another thread), I had a save game (day 17) where the in game time was around 11:50 am. At 12:00 pm on the dot, I could no longer interact with those elements that were above sea level. I did several reloads and tried to go below sea level (swimming) or high above sea level (climbed mountain) to see if I could psych the game out, but the result was the same. When below sea level, I did some spear fishing and picked up a container. When I returned to shore, if I dropped a container at or just below sea level I was able to still interact with it. If I dropped above then I could open it once before I could no longer interact with it again.

Right now, I’m trying to survive on the rations that I have for as long as I can in the haul of a capsized boat to escape UV. Two full days have passed (watching for 12:00 pm) and I still cannot interact with anything above sea level. I’ll try to live as long as I can to see if I can wait out the issue, but if you don’t hear from me again, then nothing changed and I died (in game :stuck_out_tongue:)

Okay, so it 100% has something to do with the hit boxes not elevating right, the higher from the water line something is, the harder it is to interact with. For example, I can pick up the flare gun on my beach without issue, but i cant open the door to my hut (which is on a foundation built on the highest part of the island). I know others have said as much, but I thought Id throw in my 2¢.

1 Like