[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Inventory and Tool Belt Reset (2074)

UPDATE 2021/12/06
Through testing the “Cleaning Up” phase issue, the team have found further clues in the cause of the inventory bug which they hope will lead to a fix being created and released to the community soon.

Update
A lot of players are reporting that the refined axe was in their tool belt when this issue occurred. While I do not have confirmation if this is what is causing the issue, it may be worth avoiding putting the refined axe in your toolbelt to see if that can help players avoid the issue.

If you did not have a refined axe in your toolbelt when you experienced this issue, please let me know.

Issue Summary:
Players have reported experiencing resets of their inventory and tool belt when playing multiplayer. At the moment the most common report is it occuring for the second player but it can occur when happening for the host too.

It is unknown what is causing this issue to trigger for players. Players have reported the a disconnect during gameplay and the host saving the game almost immediately afterwards.

I have also asked players for what items were in their toolbelt a the time. The most commonly reported items are the refined knife and the refined axe.

Part of this issue prevents players from accessing parts of their toolbelt they have already crafted, reducing the number of slots available to them if they continue to upgrade their tool belt.

Workarounds:
No confirmed workaround. Please see update above.

Hello,

I just experienced this bug with my friend (while he’s hosting). I went to pick up a stick, and my game crashed. He saved the game, and we loaded back in with me losing my entire inventory AND my toolbelt. We then traveled back to our main island, and I was unable to even make a new tool belt. (I had all items in my inventory to make all 4 again) So at this point I lost all items in my inventory, the tools on my belt, and access to even make a new tool belt.

My toolbelt included the following items: Refined knife (top slot), refined axe (right slot), refined spear (bottom slot), and refined pick axe (left slot).

I had sticks, aloe Vera, rocks, fibrous leaves, a clay water skin, and possibly 1-2 other items I don’t recall.

Hopefully the information above helps in any way … for now I’ll have to carry around some crates to save inventory space since the tool belt is gone. My friend was completely uneffected.

I too have had this issue today. I was the host we had no crash and saved and came off with everything normal. When reloaded the save all my inventory and tool bet are empty. I had refined knife, refined axe and clay jug in my toolbelt. Torch and hammer in my inventory. I cannot craft any toolbelts as the game seems to think I still have them but can’t place anything in it.

Hello I have lost my toolbelt I can’t access my items for toolbelt also cannot make any toolbelts because it won’t let me

Thank you for the details of both of your experiences @Tim_Myers and @Docbaconface - I will pass these details onto the team for their investigation into this issue.

My friend and I also had this issue both playing on PS5. I’ve been joining his game, and usually upon reloading I may lose an item or two from my inventory. Sometimes items that were in the belt just move to the inventory. I kind of just deal with it. Tonight he loaded his save and he lost his whole inventory (as host) and also has the tool belt issue. He cannot re-craft to replace.

I do think he saved it right after I got randomly disconnected and then we just quit for the night.

He believes this was his Inventory

In belt –
Pickaxe
Refined spear
Refined Axe
Refined Knife

Not in belt –
Hammer

I have dame problem with my toolbelt lost all my stuff basicly

Same problem but playing solo. All items disappeared and I can not used the tool bell

Hi @Yugaku - thank you for reporting this. Most cases have reported multiplayer so I shall alter the team to your solo experience. Can you confirm for me what was in your toolbelt at the time the issue occured?

[Edit: please also confirm if you were playing solo in a multiplayer save or in a single player save]

Hi Warlord13,

Can you confirm for me what was in your toolbelt when this issue occured and if you were player Multiplayer or Single Player?

Update
A lot of players are reporting that the refined axe was in their tool belt when this issue occurred. While I do not have confirmation if this is what is causing the issue, it may be worth avoiding putting the refined axe in your toolbelt to see if that can help players avoid the issue.

If you did not have a refined axe in your toolbelt when you experienced this issue, please let me know.

On my tool bell I had:

Refined axe
Refined knife
Refined pick axe
Speargun

Thanks

Thank you Yugaku. Please also let me know if by playing solo you mean single player or a multiplayer game set to private with no player joining you.

I was playing solo. Always solo, also never tried open the multiplayer or change the seeds.

Good evening, I’m playing online with my brother, in three days the game had many problems, errors while saving in any island, after one of these errors we lost 12 crates including the 2 initials with orange lid. After another mistake I lost all the objects I had in my personal archive (I was exploring the wrecks) and the belt with the tools attached. I tried to do it again but it’s a one time creation item. Too many mistakes: food and water are never enough, cooked meat that disappears during the night, if you create the raft with buoys or barrels or tires (without attacking theme to each other) and destroy them it leaves you only one object, then when you assemble everything and by chance you make mistakes, it is no longer possible to destroy and redo. if you don’t take aloe ointment you have to stay underwater; you do not heal after 3 days of poisoning, if you touch the sail the raft overturns, objects suspended in the air, others disappear, skips rescues … it is unplayable. May I know how to retrieve the tool belt please? Thanks
PS4

Buonasera, sto giocando online con mio fratello, in tre giorni il gioco ha avuto molti problemi, errori durante il salvataggio in qualsiasi isola, dopo uno di questi errori abbiamo perso 12 casse tra cui le 2 iniziali con coperchio arancio. Dopo un altro errore ho perso tutti gli oggetti che avevo nell’archivio personale ( stavo esplorando i relitti) e la cintura con annessi gli attrezzi. Ho provato a rifarla ma è un oggetto a creazione unica. Troppi errori: il cibo e l’acqua non sono mai sufficienti, carne messa a cuocere che sparisce durante la notte, se crei la zattera con le boe o barili o gomme (senza attaccarle tra loro) e le distruggi ti lascia un solo oggetto, quando poi assembli il tutto e per caso sbagli, non è più possibile distruggere e rifare; se non si prende l’unguento di aloe bisogna stare sott’acqua; non si guarisce dopo i 3 giorni di avvelenamento, se si tocca la vela si ribalta la zattera, oggetti sospesi nell’aria, altri che spariscono, salta i salvataggi… è ingiocabile. Posso sapere come recuperare la cintura degli attrezzi per favore? Grazie
PS4

Hi Simmy,

I’m sorry to hear this issue has affected your save. At the moment we do not have a workaround or in-game fix for the loss of the tool belt. Can you confirm for me which items were in your toolbelt when the issue occured?

As this post is only tracking the toolbelt issue, please report other issues in separate bug reports if you have not done so already as I cannot follow up on them in the comments section here - Though I will make a note of them for the team.

I was on multiplayer playing with my friend and he got booted and i lost my tool belt i didnt have refined axe i had flashlight speargun regular ax and a regular knife on my toolbelt

Hi Chiara, sorry I made a mistake again … in the tool belt I had: the refined knife, the refined ax, the pickaxe and the refined hammer. Shortly before he reported the error, my brother saw an ax in midair, he tried to catch it without success; I don’t know if it can be useful … Thanks

Ciao Chiara, scusa ho sbagliato di nuovo… nella cintura degli attrezzi avevo: il coltello raffinato, l’ascia raffinata, il piccone e il martello raffinato. Poco prima che segnalasse l’errore, mio fratello vedeva un’ascia a mezz’aria, ha provato a prenderla senza riuscirci; non so se può essere utile… Grazie

@Warlord13 - thank you for letting me know. I’ll inform the team of what your toolbelt contained.

@Simmy - No worries! Thank you for that extra information. I’ll let the team know what your brother saw in case it is helpful in their investigation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stil have this issue on ps4 it haopend twice now that my toolbelt is gone and all my stuff !! Can i get some compansation cause it makes the game un playable needing to restart every ■■■■■■■ time