[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Spyglass / Binoculars not working as intended

[Update] The team have found the cause of the issue and are working on a fix which should be included in the next update (release date of the next update is unconfirmed)

Issue Summary:
Players have experienced issues with binoculars after the update to 2083.
While the Zoom function may or play not continue to work, players have also noticed the outline of the binoculars persisting after use, the binoculars overlapping the character’s arm and/or the character’s arms turning invisible after use. Arms turning invisble also renders the watch invisible if players try to check it.

Workarounds:
Reloading the save should reset any visual issues caused by the binoculars. There is currently no known workaround to stop the binoculars from causing this issue.

Further Reporting
If you experience this issue, please let me know what way it manifests itself for you, particularly if it’s different to those listed above.

Please also let me know if the binoculars you are using are from a previous save or if they are ones either picked up recently in an updated save or if they are from a save created after 2083.

A potential workaround shared by Suthsa1:

1 Like

Still can’t zoom on binoculars. I have a pair from before the update and some found after update, same problem with both. The save and reopen game gets rid of the wonky view, but there’s no way to zoom into islands which aggravates going from island to island.

Hi GamerMomWinsAgain,

I’m sorry this issue has persisted for you, thank you for letting me know the details of your experience and how it impacts your gameplay.

Using a Series X. Started new game after 2083 update. First try using binocs and didnt work with old method, rather have to push hand hold LB (drag item). No way to zoom in, no way to leave painted rim view of binocs.

Hi Zyvex212, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for your sharing your experience of this issue and for noting what system you are playing on.

Added to top post:

[Update] The team have found the cause of the issue and are working on a fix which should be included in the next update (release date of the next update is unconfirmed)

Hello. This happened in a multiplayer online game for me as well. I was they host and they joined the session. Version 2083. This was around day 1-10 and PS4. They put on binoculars and the outline stayed.

Thanks Clare for your help.

Thanks for confirming this information Lesker1978, as far as I am aware the fix the team are working on will apply to both single player and both players in multiplayer, but I’ll pass your details onto them to be sure.

Thanks again!

**Note: A potential workaround for this issue was added to the first post above.