[Known Issue] Crashing during gameplay

Hi BreaknBlonde,

I’m sorry to hear this issue has occurred in your save and completely understand how frustrating it can be especially when progress is lost.

Sometimes when scattered items on load occurs reloading the save again (though it may take a few tries) can help to place items back where they were, especially if they were in stacks around the island. Though I understand this is not ideal or a solid workaround for everyone.

If you wish to submit a full bug report on the issue with as much information as possible about your setup and the save in question I would be happy to go through it, offer any help or info I can and pass information about your experience onto the devs as it may help them investigate the root cause of issues like this.

Fast forwarding a year later, im also having this issue(im new to forums so please forgive my ignorance.)
I have a completly new and fresh spawn but the moment I travel to one island and attempt to go back. the game crashes. Does this even if I havent moved a single thing from said island(spawn or the one I go to.)

Hi ShadowWeagle, welcome to the forums,

There are reports from other players after the recent updates on similar issues, I am not sure if it is related to the issue above or not and I am collecting information for the team so they can investigate. I would greatly appreciate if you could create a bug report in a new topic with as much information as possible about your experience and I will pass this onto the team. Thanks!

I too am experiencing crashing while returning to my home base on my game where i am 272 days in going for 365 day or a full yr. My base is massively massive with tons of loose material, excluding tarps that are not even in the game no more, every shark to kill displayed including the rare black tip reef shark. That i have only seen 2 times in all my play-thrus. When i leave my home island to go to another things are fine, its the return trip that kills my game with lag and if im flying the gyrocopter no matter what i do i always end up crashing into the ocean and loseing my gyrocopter do to the lag. Doesnt matter if im holding gas button to fly up or even if i just sit and try to wait it out. I understand why it lags but the development team should have known there would be people like myself who are hoarders and just wanna build and build and should have accounted for this. Still love the single player game but multiplayer is a mess and needs to be fixed fast. Also why were tarps taken out of the game. I thought it added a bit more diversity instead of useing cloth for everything.

Including tarps not excluding. Because i have a ton of tarps

Hi ThaKonArtis,

Thank you for sharing your experience of this issue and I’m sorry to hear it is affecting your game. I can’t speak to the devs decision about removing Tarps from the game but I will pass your feedback onto them on each of the points you’ve mentioned above.