Half of a raft disappearing

[PS4 Version on a PS5][2083][Gameplay]

Summary
This is coming from me my dad said he logged out and lost half of his raft (it was 4x8) he said it was an uneventful trip to get Palm fronds, also killed a boar and lost 15 boxes (A bit of extra info he was trying to add back onto his raft but the game is registering some thing is there so maybe when he left and tried loading in part of the raft did not render it is still there in the files but not”physically”)

Seed

Settings
Only thing that was changed was the animals to passive

Steps
Put anchor down, with sails down, place sleeping Bag on raft save, leave and join back (with a large Raft)

Hi DARTHJAVAGA,

Thank you for reporting this issue on behalf of your Dad. I’m sorry to hear his raft was affected by an issue that resulted in half of it seemingly becoming invisible.

To ensure I’m understanding correctly and to help the team in their investigation, I have some questions about your Dad’s experience if you wouldn’t mind asking him for me.

Please let me know:

• The section of the Raft that vanished, did this part of the raft contain the 15 boxes that were also lost and were they in container shelves or stacked loosely on the raft itself?

• Was anything else attached to the raft at this point such as a rudder, engine, sail etc. If so did they vanish too or were any items floating where the raft should have been?

• You mentioned he was trying to get back into the raft at one point, when loading in, was he in the water / was the sleeping bag missing too?

• Similarly was the boar he killed on the part of the raft that vanished at the time of logging out?

• Has he tried reloading the game again or clearing the cache of the PS5 by shutting it down and unplugging it for 2-5 mins before rebooting - if so, did anything change regarding still bumping into something that wasn’t there, or any of the missing parts returning?

• How far out from the islands was he when he saved and logged out?

• If his raft was halfway between two islands, part of his raft may have been close to the point where one island loads out as the other loads in. If he tries reloading again / clearing the cache, it may be worth trying to move the raft closer to one of the islands to see if that prompts all items to load in. While I do not know if this is the cause of if it’ll work, I would be inclined to move the raft closer to the island that the vanished parts were facing - if this does indeed match where he was when the issue occurred and wants to try this.

• Was the save in question a single player or multiplayer save?

Any extra information you can provide on behalf of your Dad would be greatly appreciated. Also, if your Dad recalls anything else that he feels may be relevant to the issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you.

I’m sorry it took so long I just kept forgetting, I was spending time with my dad

• The section of the Raft that vanished, did this part of the raft contain the 15 boxes that were also lost and were they in container shelves or stacked loosely on the raft itself?

(In the section that was lost there was four container shelves with a total of 12 crates that were lost there was another section of container shelves that disappeared but was also able to get the three crates after swimming)

• Was anything else attached to the raft at this point such as a rudder, engine, sail etc. If so did they vanish too or were any items floating where the raft should have been?

(One rudder one anchor at least two maybe three sails, The three crates he grabbed were floating in the air)

• You mentioned he was trying to get back into the raft at one point, when loading in, was he in the water / was the sleeping bag missing too?

(He spawned in the water but the sleeping bag was also floating in the air he was able to get it back)

• Similarly was the boar he killed on the part of the raft that vanished at the time of logging out?

• Has he tried reloading the game again or clearing the cache of the PS5 by shutting it down and unplugging it for 2-5 mins before rebooting - if so, did anything change regarding still bumping into something that wasn’t there, or any of the missing parts returning?

(No he had saved it before he left so he didn’t really try anything)

• How far out from the islands was he when he saved and logged out?

(“not close enough to swim too but close enough to see what they were, out in the middle of the ocean” that’s what he just said so I’d go with in the middle of some of the islands)

• If his raft was halfway between two islands, part of his raft may have been close to the point where one island loads out as the other loads in. If he tries reloading again / clearing the cache, it may be worth trying to move the raft closer to one of the islands to see if that prompts all items to load in. While I do not know if this is the cause of if it’ll work, I would be inclined to move the raft closer to the island that the vanished parts were facing - if this does indeed match where he was when the issue occurred and wants to try this.

(He had swim back to the island after grabbing the three crates while he was swimming he was just pulling it and if he had tried to use the seal he still had with the rubber he’d only go left in circles)

• Was the save in question a single player or multiplayer save? (It was single player)
    Again I’m really sorry this took way to long to respond to I have no excuse other than I forgot

Hi DARTHJAVAGA,

Firstly, please do not worry about how long it took you to respond. I completely understand and greatly appreciate you taking the time to ask your Dad these questions and share his responses with me. Please pass my thanks onto your Dad also.

I’ve submitted a new report to the team on this issue and will add this additional information to the report. One question I forgot to ask is how established your Dad’s save is. Would you mind asking him to check what In-game day he is on and describing how built up his island is / if he experiences a lot of FPS drops / Lag?

Another user recently reported their entire raft vanishing. While it does not read entirely like the same issue, I’d like to consider any common factors the team may look for just in case.

If the team also has any additional questions on the report, I’ll post them here.

Again, please do not worry about time taken in responding, we’re happy to receive all information from players, no matter the time span :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Quote from what my dad said

“I think the days were in the 90s and island was ok but had a ton of supplies which instill do but what was on the raft”

he also says he doesn’t really remember how smooth it was running he was more focused on trying to get back to land with the stuff he has

Thank you DARTHJAVAGA, I’ll add your Dad’s comment to the report.