Female voice character

For the topic title above, please use the format:
[Platform][Game Version][Affected Topic] Post Title
For example: “[XB1/PS4][1820][Audio] Sharks singing too loud at night”
The game version number can be found at the bottom left of the main menu.

For the main post please follow the summary as best you can:
Feel free to edit and replace each section with your own info.

Summary
Female character has male voice.

1 Like

Hi Thatsnotaknife - welcome to the forums!

Thank you for reporting this issue. This is one the team are aware of and are looking into.

Please let me know:

• What version of the game you’re playing (This number is in the bottom left of the main menu)
  • Was your save file created recently or is it an older save file that may have been created in an older version?
  • Do you have any other saves? If so, do they use the male character and would they have been created before the save in question?
1 Like

Hi, sorry for reviving an older thread!

Was just going to report this same issue about the character voice effects not matching the character’s gender. I’m currently playing [PS4][2074] but noticed this from when I first played the game as female, so the issue has been around for a while now.

The voice lines for my female character are correct when skinning animals for example, but are male when swimming, e.g. resurfacing from the water, gasping/spluttering for breath.

Obviously it’s not a major issue and there are more important things to prioritise, but it’s pretty immersion breaking. Picturing myself playing as a chain-smoking business lady every time she comes up for air isn’t quite what I expected to experience in this game! :rofl:

1 Like

Hi DrandedSteep,

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll check out my older report on this and update it for the latest version and note where you see the differences.

Hi,
as of right now i am playing on the patch 1.03.703, the game has been wonderful so far however i would also agree that the female voice actor having the male voice is pretty immersion breaking seeming as alot of what goes on in the game is swimming

Hi BigKenny560,

Thank you for letting me know you’ve experienced this on the current Switch version of the game and I also appreciate your feedback on how it’s affected immersion in your game. I have submitted a report to the Switch team so they can look into this.