Farming Plots laying flat

When you place a foundation, it automatically makes the top of the foundation flat with the terrain or ‘earth’, and just extends the bottom of the foundation, as needed (within limits), to allow for the foundation to be placed on uneven terrain, but at the same time ensuring that it is flat on the top.

If the farming plots were paced the same way, it would make for a much more astatic look instead of everyone’s farms looking like a complete mess. Even if the limits on how tall the farming plots can be were greatly restricted in comparison to the foundations, at least I could make a tidy farm area. It would be even better if the plots would ‘snap’ onto foundations/floors if they were low enough to the ground (The way foundations snap onto each other).

2 Likes

I agree, being able to have level farm plots would make harvesting and watering a lot smoother, in addition to looking more pleasing to the eye.

Happy farming, fellow survivors!

Yes please allow plots to either:
A) “snap-to” foundations where tops are flush with the foundation floorings and their dirt pile extends downward the full height of the foundation from ground. (trying to avoid the look of floating piles of dirt)
or
B) “snap-onto” floorings (Foundations or actual Floor builds does not matter here?) in the same manor that container shelves “snap-onto” raft bases and then the dirt piles need only extend upward from flooring to the gerneral height of the plot’s retaining walls.

If you want to do B and restrict it to only allow plots snap-onto the floorings of “Foundations” and not 2nd story and higher “Floor” builds (or A which pretty much does the same), i’ll try not to complain too much… :wink:

But personally, i’d love to relocate my garden to the roof of my HQ! =)

Which is also where i’d love to put my Water Still’s… but that’s a different topic.

edit in cause i’m confusing anybody that’s thinking you can’t build on top of “Roofs”, my “roof” is composed 100% of “Floor” builds… I’ve never actually built any the official “Roof” builds anywhere in my HQ… hehe