[Console] Update Status 2020/10/05

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to let you know that the Console Team is working hard on the next update for PS4 and XB1. We know the community is as eager to receive the next update as we are to release it! Once we have more details on contents and a release date we’ll be posting them here in the News and Announcements section.

Stay Alive!
::Beam Team

8 Likes

Looking forward to it, keep up the great work!

Thank you beam team we all really appreciate that
:grin::grin::clap::clap::clap:

It’s not easy to make a stable fps just wait and it will happen

2 Likes

Most console games are basically demos for PC games lol. Payday 2, 7 days to die, the forest, most games have acess to way more stuff than we do on console, it’s one reason I want to move up to a PC. I’ll be honest, after 7 days to Die I’ll take a company trying over a company that says “it’s too much work to keep up with the console game” any day. I really liked that game and to be left behind after traveling 40 miles to get that game on day 1 because it was sold out everywhere around me, it’s been hit below the belt.

There will always be ways the game can be better, but at least for me I can say I’ve enjoyed this game more than enough to justify the cost and I’m excited to see what will be added. I’m just deciding on if I want to delay my next playthrough of it until the update or not lol.

1 Like

Hi BartMan, welcome to the forums.

While we have no issue with feedback about the game, be it positive or negative, I would ask you to please adhere to the Forum Rules when posting. Keep it civil and constructive, avoid “doom and gloom” style posts or the spread of misinformation as fact.

Failure to adhere to rules when posting may result in further actions from moderators.

1 Like

Looking forward to being able to keep playing without constant crashes. Really enjoy playing the game but the crashes are unfortunately game breaking so got my fingers crossed the Beam Team has fixed the issues in the next patch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will new features (if any are added) be available on a current save? Or will we have to start a new playthrough?

The aim with any update would usually be to avoid restarting saves where at all possible, whether it’s because features are added or fixes for issues are implemented, but it really depends on what the nature of the changes are. Should anything in the update require a restart it’ll be highlighted in the notes once they’re released.

2 Likes

First off; I love the game - haven’t played it in a while after binging it pretty hard when it came out on console - I bought it also on PC for the custom islands and all. Wanting to revisit it if online multiplayer became a thing which I’m surprised it isn’t. Is this in the works? Fair few friends of mine would probably go about purchasing it if this was implemented.

2 Likes

There’s no multiplayer on console as of right now. I do hope we get it though, I’ve also got a couple people I can talk into getting if that was the case lol.

The current official comment on multiplayer it is in Console Version FAQ but any new info would both change the FAQ and likely get it’s own post too

1 Like

I love this game. I really hope you can add yucca farming… and shelf’s for rafts and please fix the turning ! Bring it up to speed with PC! I will play this forever

5 Likes

I loved the game for the first 2 or 3 weeks, it’s getting a little stale now. I hope the update adds new content to make it fun to play again. Also the game crashes are a real issue and extremely frustrating.

2 Likes

Someone posted somewhere that, before you save, look into the sky for 5 seconds so the game can settle down. Also when changing islands look up until the mast shudders then you’re good to go. I had 4 crashes in one afternoon when I found this, and only once in a month since then when I was sailing to an island and didn’t look up. I wish the original poster of this tip endless wealth and success!

Welcome to the forums all!

Igwanna - thank you for posting that tip you had found, this is similar to the workaround we have listed of looking away from the island on approach but the telltale shudder of the mast would be a good indicator for players. I shall add it to our [Known Issues] posts on crashing and lag.

1 Like

When is this update coming?? Any timeframe knowledge ?

Can you give an idea of when containers can be built on rafts? It would be nice to have updated items like pc.

1 Like

No specific date for this update or specific items have been announced yet, but once the details are available the team or myself will post them in this section of the forums

I am disabled and use my xbox1 to help myself get my mind off of the anxiety and depression. I really dig this game.Looking forward to the new updates.